The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

I also received that Eversheds email and I'm Cardiff
Has anyone actually received a rejection from Eversheds? Seems like there have been a few offers and the rest of us are still awaiting a final response?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mrinvinicble
Has anyone actually received a rejection from Eversheds? Seems like there been a few offers and the rest of us are still awaiting a final response?

I haven't heard of any rejections fortunately, I think the different regional offices have different response times, I have only heard of offers from the Leeds office so far.
Probably best not to read into it and just wait and see.
Original post by Hazza77
I haven't heard of any rejections fortunately, I think the different regional offices have different response times, I have only heard of offers from the Leeds office so far.

I know of one offer for the Manchester office which was given out yesterday too.
Original post by JeffBerg55
Probably best not to read into it and just wait and see.

Yeah you're right although the longer it goes on the worse I feel about it
Original post by mrinvinicble
I know of one offer for the Manchester office which was given out yesterday too.

Do you know this for definite? I don't know why they do this, but I do know that they leave telling the unsuccessful candidates for a while longer than is necessary. Probably as a precaution / safety net in case one of the successful candidates drops out / can no longer attend etc. Avoids the embarrassment of saying no and then saying 'oh actually we've changed our mind.'
Original post by Defragmentation
Bit late, but super congrats on your Bristows TC offer!

Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by ALparalegal
Do you know this for definite? I don't know why they do this, but I do know that they leave telling the unsuccessful candidates for a while longer than is necessary. Probably as a precaution / safety net in case one of the successful candidates drops out / can no longer attend etc. Avoids the embarrassment of saying no and then saying 'oh actually we've changed our mind.'

Yes I've heard the same in regards to rejections. A girl on this forum received an offer from the Manchester office if you go a few pages back.
Anyone had an offer from Birmingham eversheds?
Has anyone heard more from penningtons manches regarding the assessment day? They said they would give us more details closer to the time but I haven't had any yet? Mines in roughly 2 weeks.
Reply 4631
Has anyone heard from Hill Dickinson post- WG / called them to ask when they will ??
Reply 4632
Original post by 777m
Has anyone heard from Hill Dickinson post- WG / called them to ask when they will ??

Not yet but I only completed the test last night. I was wondering how long it would take for them to get back to us. I'd expect a relatively quick turnaround at this stage.
Walker morris any one leeds office?
Original post by 123_maggie
Walker morris any one leeds office?

I did the AC a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. Have you got an offer?
Reply 4635
Anyone heard back from Bond Dickinson post AC?
Reply 4636
Just been invited for a video interview at Mishcon. Has anyone else done this ? What sort of questions do they ask? Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers
Original post by JKRP11
Bit strange to ask, I know, but is it acceptable to turn down an Assessment Centre invitation? I have already accepted a vac scheme offer, and I have to focus on academic stuff right now so don't have time to attend? Is it really rude to say no?

Don't do it!!! :eek: It is great that you have a VS already but better to have 2 VSs - you get such great experience at assessment centres, it is really worth trying to shift your academic commitments around to fit it in. IMHO!
Hey, has anyone heard/ know of people who have heard from Dechert post face to face?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4639
Original post by isrox08
Has anyone heard more from penningtons manches regarding the assessment day? They said they would give us more details closer to the time but I haven't had any yet? Mines in roughly 2 weeks.

No I have an assessment day coming up and I haven't heard either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending