The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Latest date to apply

I went to the Open Day on 2nd July, thinking about applying for 2015 as I thought I'd have missed my opportunity for 2014. However was told to get my application in and I would be able to get in 2014!! yay me! BUT.....the UCAS website is down until 08:30 07/07/14 so I haven't been able to put in my application yet....I actually cried when I saw the message on their website!

Is it going to be too late on Monday or would I still be OK??!
Any applications made after June 30th are automatically placed into Clearing and the university choices don't see them. You need to phone them to see if there is likely to be anything in Clearing.
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Groundearth
Any applications made after June 30th are automatically placed into Clearing and the university choices don't see them. You need to phone them to see if there is likely to be anything in Clearing.

stupid question, but who do I call? Do I still put my application in via UCAS? Do I then call JMU or UCAS? I'm so nervous!!
Original post by PrinPud83
stupid question, but who do I call? Do I still put my application in via UCAS? Do I then call JMU or UCAS? I'm so nervous!!

You call JMU first to find out whether it's worth applying, then depending on what they say, you apply via UCAS. If they have spaces then you can come to an informal arrangement with them.
Reply 4
Original post by Groundearth
You call JMU first to find out whether it's worth applying, then depending on what they say, you apply via UCAS. If they have spaces then you can come to an informal arrangement with them.

JMU told me on Wednesday to apply through UCAS, so how long should I leave it before calling JMU? (sorry to pester, its all new to me!)
Original post by PrinPud83
JMU told me on Wednesday to apply through UCAS, so how long should I leave it before calling JMU? (sorry to pester, its all new to me!)

If they've already said to apply then do it as soon as you can. Call them on Monday morning to confirm you've done this and whether your application will still be considered.
Reply 6
Thanks a million x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending