The Student Room Group

Cancelled maintenance loan

I applied for student finance as a migrant worker. My Maintenance loan has now been cancelled because the proof I provided them did not meet their requirement. The cover letter I sent them to prove my employment stated that I started working on the 4th of September (that is a mistake from my company though as I started end of august), I uploaded the redacted evidence but it was after the due date. I sent fo an appeal, with the new evidence. will that be enough? and if not is the maintenance loan cancelled for all three years or just this first year? I would appreciate some advice as I am obviously panicking here.
Original post by sara.ann
I applied for student finance as a migrant worker. My Maintenance loan has now been cancelled because the proof I provided them did not meet their requirement. The cover letter I sent them to prove my employment stated that I started working on the 4th of September (that is a mistake from my company though as I started end of august), I uploaded the redacted evidence but it was after the due date. I sent fo an appeal, with the new evidence. will that be enough? and if not is the maintenance loan cancelled for all three years or just this first year? I would appreciate some advice as I am obviously panicking here.

Hi Sara,

Did you upload this latest evidence to your account? If so, can you please tell us when you did this?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
I uploaded this last evidence yesterday as soon as my company sent it to me.
I uploaded this last evidence yesterday as soon as my company sent it to me.

Thank you, your evidence will now be reviewed by the Migrant Worker team. This is currently taking 21 working days, but the team will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Normally, so long as your evidence is acceptable the team will reinstate your Maintenance Loan and payments.

If for whatever reason the team don't reinstate your loan for this academic year you can always re-apply as a Migrant Worker in the next academic year, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thank you, your evidence will now be reviewed by the Migrant Worker team. This is currently taking 21 working days, but the team will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Normally, so long as your evidence is acceptable the team will reinstate your Maintenance Loan and payments.

If for whatever reason the team don't reinstate your loan for this academic year you can always re-apply as a Migrant Worker in the next academic year, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you Graeme, that is a bit reassuring. So even though is after the deadline, are they gonna check the evidence and accept it, whitout me doing anything for now?
Thank you Graeme, that is a bit reassuring. So even though is after the deadline, are they gonna check the evidence and accept it, whitout me doing anything for now?

That's right, yes, rest assured.

The actual deadline for the 23/24 year is 9 months after the start of your course, so any evidence will still be considered.

Please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending