The Student Room Group

Change of plans, advice will be very gratefully received

I have accepted a university for Sept 2023 start to study nursing and rejected offers from universities that I really would have like to go to. The uni I chose is nice enough and have been given a deadline to submit my Access to HE results on the 31st Aug. I have now come to a point that no matter how much time I dedicate I will not be able to complete on time due to it being a online learning based. I have passed every submission of assignments though. I am a mature student with two children ( one being a toddler) trying to juggle the school holidays and my studies. I really wanted this but it seems very difficult for me to achieve. What can I do now? This is now taking a toll on my mental health as I really do not want to give everything up.
Original post by a07_a21
I have accepted a university for Sept 2023 start to study nursing and rejected offers from universities that I really would have like to go to. The uni I chose is nice enough and have been given a deadline to submit my Access to HE results on the 31st Aug. I have now come to a point that no matter how much time I dedicate I will not be able to complete on time due to it being a online learning based. I have passed every submission of assignments though. I am a mature student with two children ( one being a toddler) trying to juggle the school holidays and my studies. I really wanted this but it seems very difficult for me to achieve. What can I do now? This is now taking a toll on my mental health as I really do not want to give everything up.

Does the university you're applying to have a Jan start date for the course you want to do? or maybe defer a year.
Reply 2
Original post by cheriselmtd
Does the university you're applying to have a Jan start date for the course you want to do? or maybe defer a year.

I don't think so. I have just checked their website but I cannot see anything. Will it be stated on their website about the starting terms for courses? Or do I have to ask them? A Jan start date will be really good and out my mind at ease. The thought of deferring is what is making me anxious. I know my Access course will be done beginning of September latest which will be a bit too late by then :frown:
I do have an insurance choice but I am not too sure about whether they do a Jan start.
Original post by a07_a21
I don't think so. I have just checked their website but I cannot see anything. Will it be stated on their website about the starting terms for courses? Or do I have to ask them? A Jan start date will be really good and out my mind at ease. The thought of deferring is what is making me anxious. I know my Access course will be done beginning of September latest which will be a bit too late by then :frown:
I do have an insurance choice but I am not too sure about whether they do a Jan start.

If you can't see anything on the website maybe contact them just to be sure it can't hurt to ask. I know there are unis that have Jan start dates for nursing maybe apply to some of them through clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending