The Student Room Group

Should I do physics A level?

Hi, I've picked maths, bio and chem and thinking about applying for medicine ( this may change). I'm wondering if medical schools like 3 sciences and maths or if they want variety. My other options are history ( pre-u), geography ( international a level) and spanish (aqa). Any advice?
Original post by Spelly456
Hi, I've picked maths, bio and chem and thinking about applying for medicine ( this may change). I'm wondering if medical schools like 3 sciences and maths or if they want variety. My other options are history ( pre-u), geography ( international a level) and spanish (aqa). Any advice?

You already have three perfect A levels so your fourth, out of those choices, won't matter too much :smile: if you enjoy physics, go for it! If you prefer one of the other subjects, then I'd recommend choosing one of them as you'll need the motivation to get a good grade :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You dont need to do any more, youve picked the best for what you want and you can apply for alot of the science/engineering courses with those if you do change your mind.

doing a fourth may bog you down with alot more work and reduce your performance for the other 3 though if you do take it up. however, if you are that passionate about the subject/your goals then you may be able to handle it!
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice :smile:. I have heard all A levels are a step up so I'm not sure if I could handle a contrasting subject. For example you have to write a lot of essays in history which would take up a lot of time. I think I'll stick with physics as I enjoy it and think it was my highest gcse mark compared to the other options.

Quick Reply

Latest