The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE L100 grades required?

Can I ask anyone who got admitted for this course or for similar competitive courses at LSE what your GCSE grades and A Level grades were?

Do you need 12A*+ at GCSE and 4 A stars+ at A Level to be sure of getting an offer.

I am taking sat 2's and ap/act/sat too.

Thanks, I want to know if the competition is as intense as everyone makes out. Surely there can't be 100+ students with these kind of grades applying for this course at LSE alone...
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Can I ask anyone who got admitted for this course or for similar competitive courses at LSE what your GCSE grades and A Level grades were?

Do you need 12A*+ at GCSE and 4 A stars+ at A Level to be sure of getting an offer.

I am taking sat 2's and ap/act/sat too.

Thanks, I want to know if the competition is as intense as everyone makes out. Surely there can't be 100+ students with these kind of grades applying for this course at LSE alone...

It's true to an extent, there are a lot of people studying at LSE, especially in Economics and Law that have 10+ A*s at GCSE and 3 or 4 or more A* at A level. However, of course this isn't true for everyone. I know people with fewer A*s at both GCSE and A level (I study/just finished studying Economics) and even a few with B or C grades in 1 or 2 courses at GCSE.

The fact of the matter is, LSE receives some crazy amount of applications every year relative to the places they have available as we all know and as they don't interview the tendency to pick people with the better grades and predicted grades is higher. Personal statements clearly play a part given not absolutely everyone at LSE has perfect grades but I'd still say they're probably the most important part of an application to LSE
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Outsanity
It's true to an extent, there are a lot of people studying at LSE, especially in Economics and Law that have 10+ A*s at GCSE and 3 or 4 or more A* at A level. However, of course this isn't true for everyone. I know people with fewer A*s at both GCSE and A level (I study/just finished studying Economics) and even a few with B or C grades in 1 or 2 courses at GCSE.

The fact of the matter is, LSE receives some crazy amount of applications every year relative to the places they have available as we all know and as they don't interview the tendency to pick people with the better grades and predicted grades is higher. Personal statements clearly play a part given not absolutely everyone at LSE has perfect grades but I'd still say they're probably the most important part of an application to LSE

Very interesting, thanks.

May I ask, so how do you stand out with a PS - do you get internships and the like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending