The Student Room Group

Worth reapplying to LSE?

Hi guys

Im an international applicant so i already have my results out. I received A*A*BCE (maths, econ, chinese mandarin, english literature and FM).

I received offers from LSE Bristol Bath and Manchester for BSc in Economics however I had to reject LSE since i needed A*AA. Bristol let me resit Chinese paper since international applciatns are 6 months ahead of (or behind, which way you look at it) the UK students.

My questions is, I pretty much will get into Bristol for BSc in Economics, but should I defer my entry (admissions said I can)and re-apply to LSE, Oxford UCL Warwick and such target schools?

I will have A*A*ACE for A Levels. I could apply for less competitive course since IB doesnt care much about your degree but more on which school you go to.

If there are any questions, please do ask.
Reply 1
Original post by spark27
Hi guys

Im an international applicant so i already have my results out. I received A*A*BCE (maths, econ, chinese mandarin, english literature and FM).

I received offers from LSE Bristol Bath and Manchester for BSc in Economics however I had to reject LSE since i needed A*AA. Bristol let me resit Chinese paper since international applciatns are 6 months ahead of (or behind, which way you look at it) the UK students.

My questions is, I pretty much will get into Bristol for BSc in Economics, but should I defer my entry (admissions said I can)and re-apply to LSE, Oxford UCL Warwick and such target schools?

I will have A*A*ACE for A Levels. I could apply for less competitive course since IB doesnt care much about your degree but more on which school you go to.

no
Original post by spark27
Hi guys

With an E in Further Maths when applying to read Econ? I doubt it. If Mandarin is your native lang, too, it won't be accepted
Reply 3
How did you end up with an E in further maths? That will be your biggest issue
Reply 4
Original post by Jam'
How did you end up with an E in further maths? That will be your biggest issue

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
With an E in Further Maths when applying to read Econ? I doubt it. If Mandarin is your native lang, too, it won't be accepted

Yeah my teacher gave me a pretty generous prediction and you only need an E so I only studied so much to get an E, ended up getting 42% :cool: . Mandarin is my third lang so that's not a problem.

When I rang them after my results came out, they said dont bother resitting it since I have already achieved an E which I also found ridiculous. So you guys think no?
Original post by spark27
Yeah my teacher gave me a pretty generous prediction and you only need an E so I only studied so much to get an E, ended up getting 42% :cool: . Mandarin is my third lang so that's not a problem.

When I rang them after my results came out, they said dont bother resitting it since I have already achieved an E which I also found ridiculous. So you guys think no?

An E is a bit of a stretch to put it lightly. Either leave it off or get it way higher than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On your other thread an LSE professor, no less, has told you that your further maths result will be your downfall in an LSE application. He says go to Bristol. You can't get much clearer than that. Bristol is an excellent uni that you can really be proud of getting into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending