The Student Room Group

RVC accommodation-The Arcade 2014

Hey, I've got an offer to study vet med in sept 2014 at the RVC which I'm really excited about but I have been given The Arcade as accommodation. It was my third choice as I'm a very fussy eater so had to go non catered but now I am rather worried about the prospect of staying there. Its a long way from campus and new to the RVC. I've looked at reapplying in August for somewhere different but that seems a bit scary and I'm not sure how it would work? :confused: Is there anyone else also given The Arcade? If so what are the general opinions of it so far?
Thank you
P.S I'm completely new to this site so sorry if its not quite right. :colondollar:
Hi, I have an offer for the biovet course starting in 2014 and have also been given my third choice of the arcade. I was worried about it to start with but after having a look I am feeling better. The accommodation looks nice and modern, there is a bus to Camden about every 10 minutes and there are lots of shops and stuff near by. Nothing is that far away in London away :smile: all the rvc people are put together so you wouldn't be on your own. I don't think I'm going to risk reapplying but feel exactly the same as you! Hope this had helped :smile:
Reply 2
Hello :smile: I am going to RVC in September 2014 doing bioveterinary science as well and I am also in the arcade! :smile: It was my third choice too, I wasn't happy about it at all as I'd rather not have to share a bathroom and its quite far away from the campus but it does look nice there and it was too much of a risk to re-apply.
At least all the RVC people are together in the accommodation :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the reassurance, hopefully it will be fine! The rooms do look really nice. Have either of you applied for the room through crm-students yet?
Reply 4
Yeah I have, I've been allocated my room number, what about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Hey I havent applied yet as I wanted to wait until results day but then they had an IT problem and its all too stressful! should be fine though, the RVC assure me my place is still there.
Went to have a look around The Arcade yesterday, theres positives and negatives. The rooms are really nice and new and the staff seemed helpful, theres also lots of cuboard space. The kitchen had everything you needed and there are loads of local shops and stuff around. The cinemas just down the road and loads of super markets although emirates stadium may be a little annoying. The walk to campus isnt too bad although I think the bus may be preferable in the winter. Main downside for me is its above a pub that didnt look very inviting, so hopefully we're not at that end of the building or it may be a bit noisy, not helped by the million lanes of traffic but that shouldnt be too hard to get used to.
Overall I think it will be ok providing theres enough of us to make travelling easier.
Hope this helped
Reply 6
When I applied they had an IT problem then too, The Arcade didn't come up as an option for the accommodation!

I never knew it was above a pub!! I really hope it isn't noisy throughout the night :/
What kitchen stuff do you think we need to bring after looking at it?
Yeah it has helped, thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
How did you apply?
The pub is only at one end of the building, most of it is over carpet right which isnt exactly noisy at night :smile: but I think London is noisy everywhere :redface:
It was a show room so not sure how much will be left there but there was a microwave (what else do you need :P ) and there was also a toaster, kettle and some tins for tea and biscuits but again not sure about that.
Do you know what date you're going to move in?
Reply 8
Well at first I went through the link to the crm website they sent via email, but when I selected London the only accommodation that came up was 'The Curve'. I ended up doing it by googling The Arcade and applying for it through that way.
Oh ok that's not too bad then :smile:
Oh right ok, hopefully the microwave will still be there haha
I think it's the 20th but not sure yet because I still don't know when freshers is, what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hello guys,
I'm studying Bioveterinary Science at the RVC this September too. How did u manage to get a room ?
You're all such lucky people !
I'd been put on a waiting list because I didn't get even my 3rd choices of Hall (which was The Arcade btw).
It is so very annoying as today is the 19th August ! Me and a lot of other people were supposed to hear from the Accommodation Office yesterday and yet nobody has emailed or rang ! :-(
I had trouble booking my room as well and had to go round doing it the long way!
I'm going to have a look round tomorrow but the rooms looked nice on the website. I'm not sure when I'm moving in, something on facebook said freshers was on the 14th but that might be wrong :smile:
Original post by VanesLili
Hello guys,
I'm studying Bioveterinary Science at the RVC this September too. How did u manage to get a room ?
You're all such lucky people !
I'd been put on a waiting list because I didn't get even my 3rd choices of Hall (which was The Arcade btw).
It is so very annoying as today is the 19th August ! Me and a lot of other people were supposed to hear from the Accommodation Office yesterday and yet nobody has emailed or rang ! :-(

Hey :smile: if you ring the RVC admissions department they are very nice (they now know my name I've bugged them so much) but they have said they have asked the arcade for more rooms so you will probably hear something soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending