The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Gonna be self-studying AQA Economics A2 this year, any tips?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
3 exams aren't too many to resit, and the ones you're planning on doing mean it's not even as bad as that.
C2- C3 and C4 will both cover topics in C2 (Trig, Calculus) so that should mean if you master C3+C4, you'll have no real trouble with C2. Only a few hours of revision necessary.
Macro A2 builds on AS stuff, so that should be the same as above.
Which means you only need to revise D1, and even then, that's about mastering past papers.
I take it Physics revision got in the way of maths and econ revision?

yeah pretty much, because both my physics teachers were absolutely awful, they'd tell me the wrong answers to questions and i screwed up on the particle side of things to be honest. I put econ on a backseat because i knew it didn't need as much attention as the rest and with maths i underestimated how they'd make the exams this year for edexcel so
Original post by tiengoku
yeah pretty much, because both my physics teachers were absolutely awful, they'd tell me the wrong answers to questions and i screwed up on the particle side of things to be honest. I put econ on a backseat because i knew it didn't need as much attention as the rest and with maths i underestimated how they'd make the exams this year for edexcel so

Which physics board?
It's okay with econ, your micro saved you, but maths is more important than econ so you have to prioritise that above all your subjects, but not so much that it's detrimental. It's a fine balancing act.
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Which physics board?
It's okay with econ, your micro saved you, but maths is more important than econ so you have to prioritise that above all your subjects, but not so much that it's detrimental. It's a fine balancing act.

AQA A in past papers I was getting a/b ish in unit 1 and straight A's in unit 2, but in the exam I got a D in unit 1 and an A in unit 2 lol, unit 1 was just highly unlucky because it was a lot of the stuff that I didn't understand because i had no one to explain it to me properly
There's a thread for 2016 entry Economics applicants here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3419901 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending