The Student Room Group

Can a school keep your results from you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayJay-C19
I just thought, "yeah, okay, as if they're going to check like all 200" :rolleyes:

Rebellllllllllllllllll tho :colone:
Yes but then teachers were refusing to take the books if you didn't have the slip. They did this to me and in the end, I just forged all of the signatures from my contact book and left a stack of books in a deserted room with a note on top :')

If the teachers at your school are as naive as the ones at mine, they'll probably accept and believe the sheet with the forged signatures anyway. :tongue:

I used to forge teacher signatures all the time for toilet passes and so forth, and the reception always believed them!
Reply 22
An excerpt for an examining bodys policy-

Centre Management
5.11 In relation to externally assessed examinations, the centre agrees to:
keep scripts secure from the time they are collected from candidates until they are
despatched to the examiners or the awarding bodies;
respect the confidentiality of scripts by not allowing them to be read or photocopied by
any person prior to marking, without permission of the awarding body;
keep results or information issued by EDI or via an awarding body secure website
strictly confidential and not to divulge or post them to candidates, parents or other
persons prior to the official dates and times for their publication;
distribute provisional statements of results to all candidates without delay.
(edited 9 years ago)
They won't do it.
Original post by Facilli

Centre Management
keep scripts secure from the time they are collected from candidates until they are
respect the confidentiality of scripts by not allowing them to be read or photocopied by
keep results or information issued by EDI or via an awarding body secure website
strictly confidential and not to divulge or post them to candidates, parents or other

"externally assessed examinations"
- surely these rules only apply if you took the exam outside of the centre, as if you take your exams at school it's called an internally assessed examination?
My Secondary School has decided to threaten all of its pupils by saying that if we don't hand our books in and get a sheet signed by each teacher, we cannot obtain our results. Any of them.

Can our school ACTUALLY do this or is it quite literally just a threat? I mean, I think it is because it's illegal for you not to be in school after year eleven to the age of 18 (now it is) and results are normally what gains you a place at sixth or college.

If it's your opinion please state but if you actually KNOW for a fact, then say so as well. Thanks.

So, can they do this?

I don't know if this is helpful, but my school did exactly the same thing. I'm not sure either.
Reply 26
Original post by Facilli

Centre Management

This is the sort of thing I was looking for thank you! Can you link me to where you got this?
Reply 27
This is the sort of thing I was looking for thank you! Can you link me to where you got this?

Of course!

http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/general-regulations/general-regulations-for-approved-centres-2014-2015

:smile:
Reply 28
Could request your results due to the data protection act... I'm pretty sure that would work.
Reply 29
Original post by katinthehat

- surely these rules only apply if you took the exam outside of the centre, as if you take your exams at school it's called an internally assessed examination?

Externally assessed surely means that it was marked outside the centre... IAA's are internally assessed assessments (although I could be wrong in the acronym!)
Original post by Booyah
Externally assessed surely means that it was marked outside the centre... IAA's are internally assessed assessments (although I could be wrong in the acronym!)

Oh yeah that makes sense...apologies for my stupid moment :wink:
Reply 31
I just want it to happen now; I want them to say I can't have mine so I can be like, "Well, you see, you are in clear violation of JCQ decree number 5.11, of the Results Regulations Excerpt" etc.etc. *Delores Umbridge Voice*
Original post by katinthehat

Externally assessed exams are ones taken in school but marked by someone outside the school. Internally assessed are coursework/controlled assessment that is marked by the school and then externally moderated.

Quick Reply

Latest