The Student Room Group

School has intentionally messed up my grades to stop from going to other schools

My actual grades according to the grade boundaries for our mocks that they showed us:
physics-9
chem-9
bio-9
lang-8
maths-8
lit - 8
french-9
business-5
ict-7
history -6

but for the grades they are making us send to our other schools:
physics-9
chem-8
bio-9
lang-6
maths-8
lit-6
french-9
business-4
ict -7
history-6

Help? who do i complain to? my school (grammar) made our results day really late so we can’t apply to other schools .
Reply 1
You don't generally send mock grades when applying to other schools, rather you send your predicted grades which are often different to what you actually get, as they're calculated from a range of results. It seems to me that those are what you've been given?

I doubt that a school would purposefully change your grades just to keep you with them: especially as you've still got plenty of high grades, so you'd still be a good candidate.
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
You don't generally send mock grades when applying to other schools, rather you send your predicted grades which are often different to what you actually get, as they're calculated from a range of results. It seems to me that those are what you've been given?

I doubt that a school would purposefully change your grades just to keep you with them: especially as you've still got plenty of high grades, so you'd still be a good candidate.

our schools pretty much known for doing that, they’ve delayed notifying us about other school applications until late november (most schools in area have closed applications by then)

in the reference they’re sending mock grades too, and also it’s quite demoralising getting 8s but being marked down as low 6s.
Reply 3
Original post by toomuchheaven
our schools pretty much known for doing that, they’ve delayed notifying us about other school applications until late november (most schools in area have closed applications by then)

in the reference they’re sending mock grades too, and also it’s quite demoralising getting 8s but being marked down as low 6s.

Sorry, missed your reply :smile:. That's really odd then, I can definitely understand that - try and stay positive, you've got excellent grades!
Obviously I can't suggest anything for the applications that have closed, but maybe, if your application forms have the option (e.g. anything you'd wish to add) put your mock grades, just to show them that you have been doing better.

Apologies for not providing more concrete advice, seems a very odd business. Best of luck though, hope all goes well :biggrin:
Reply 4
tysm!

Quick Reply

Latest