The Student Room Group

CAS

My CAS was rejected today as I did not submit the original transcripts(I uploaded the transcripts my high school sent me) and diploma(IB one obviously not available yet.The due date to do this procedure is the 7th of August.How can this be a request considering IB sends unis all the documentation and the diplomas are only available(worldwide)at the end of August? Btw I have paid the deposit and chosen the accommodation, but am stuck with this CAS and UCAS hasn't confirmed yet my conditional offer.Should I be worried?Any suggestions?Thanks
Contact uni admissions directly and inform them that your results will take longer to arrive.
Reply 2
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Contact uni admissions directly and inform them that your results will take longer to arrive.

I find all this procedure a little strange.Am I the first person who has to wait for the IB diploma that the university has ever enrolled?This has been happening for ages all over the world.Nothing is available to students directly and not before a specific date which clashes with the uni's deadline. Kind of ridiculous.UCAS is there for a specific reason, but my conditional offer is still pending after 1 week. Anyways I will call,but am very frustrated.
Reply 3
Original post by Cardie03
My CAS was rejected today as I did not submit the original transcripts(I uploaded the transcripts my high school sent me) and diploma(IB one obviously not available yet.The due date to do this procedure is the 7th of August.How can this be a request considering IB sends unis all the documentation and the diplomas are only available(worldwide)at the end of August? Btw I have paid the deposit and chosen the accommodation, but am stuck with this CAS and UCAS hasn't confirmed yet my conditional offer.Should I be worried?Any suggestions?Thanks

Sorry about the situation that you are in. It is worrisome, and you need to chase it.

I think it may help if your high school gets involved and email your university. I don't know which part of the world that you are in but some universities have country representatives in recruitment, and they may also be able to provide assistance expediting confirmation for purpose of CAS issuance so that you can get on with applying your student visa (which can take weeks!).
I find all this procedure a little strange.Am I the first person who has to wait for the IB diploma that the university has ever enrolled?This has been happening for ages all over the world.Nothing is available to students directly and not before a specific date which clashes with the uni's deadline. Kind of ridiculous.UCAS is there for a specific reason, but my conditional offer is still pending after 1 week. Anyways I will call,but am very frustrated.

No, you aren't the first and definitely won't be the last student studying IB. I can't speak for UCAS or uni admissions themselves but they do tend to be unnecessary at times - this is a good example of that. A call should fix it. Hope it all works out for you! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sleep_supremacy
No, you aren't the first and definitely won't be the last student studying IB. I can't speak for UCAS or uni admissions themselves but they do tend to be unnecessary at times - this is a good example of that. A call should fix it. Hope it all works out for you! :smile:

First of all you are so so kind! Furthermore, a call did not fix anything...they keep saying they cannot access my UCAS, therefore visualize my transcripts. My IB coordinator confirmed they are there, the IB confirmed they are there, yesterday I got an unconditional offer from my second choice university and today my transcripts appeared on the Irish CAO, so this means they need to fix it! It is quite disheartening not receiving any reply to my emails neither from the international application center nor from the person responsible for my CAS. I am starting to think I should ask for a refund and accept my second choice.How sad!
First of all you are so so kind! Furthermore, a call did not fix anything...they keep saying they cannot access my UCAS, therefore visualize my transcripts. My IB coordinator confirmed they are there, the IB confirmed they are there, yesterday I got an unconditional offer from my second choice university and today my transcripts appeared on the Irish CAO, so this means they need to fix it! It is quite disheartening not receiving any reply to my emails neither from the international application center nor from the person responsible for my CAS. I am starting to think I should ask for a refund and accept my second choice.How sad!

Thank you! :smile: I'm sorry that calling didn't fix anything :frown: @PQ @Admit-One any idea why UCAS is acting up for OP?
This sounds more like an issue at the uni than UCAS.

Unis usually have direct access to IB results and don’t need them to come via UCAS.

I would speak to the international office at the uni to see if they can help resolve.
Reply 8
By right, it is your school IB coordinator who is supposed to give permission to IBO to send your results to UCAS. UCAS will match your results and directly send your results to your firm and insurance choice. When your results meet conditions, UCAS Track will automatically send you an email.

It sounds like UCAS does not have your results, and your firm choice is waiting for UCAS to be updated. This can only happen if your IB coordinator HADN'T asked for your IB results to be sent to UCAS in the first place.

Can you find out from your firm choice if they will accept your results directly from IBO? If you pay for it via the request for transcript service? https://rrs.ibo.org/replacement_orders/index.cfm

Let them know that you don't know how to solve the issue with UCAS, and the next best thing is to get the transcript sent to them directly by IBO.

In the meantime, you can TRY to contact UCAS via Facebook Messenger. They actually respond pretty fast. https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline/
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
PS Go to your Candidate IBO login portal, login with your code and PIN. Check your Transcript tab to see if your IB coordinator had made a request before results day to send your results electronically to UCAS. It will look like this. See image below. Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 9.14.53 AM.png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending