The Student Room Group

what should i do?

yesterday and today my hearts been beating rlly fast at school
it keeps happening at random times and im not sure why
idk if its because exams starting next week maybe that's why or something else
Reply 1
Hey!

Sounds like you're having a hard time at the moment pal, I can see you've made 3 posts today about your low mood. You need to speak to someone about how you're feeling, you may be experiencing some anxiety which is common just before exams. The fast heart rate may be due to this but most importantly you need to speak to an adult that you trust about how you're feeling because it won't go away on its own, this could be a teacher, parent, family member etc.

Are you looking after yourself at the moment in terms of sleep, meals, personal hygiene? These are all fundamental to wellbeing, so if you've been neglecting any of those then go ahead and practice some self care. I would argue that caring for oneself is much more important than the outcome of a result, you'll need that skill for the rest of your life. Exam results aren't the be all and end all so if that is playing a contributing factor, keep that in mind.

I hope things pick up for you mate.
Reply 2
I was sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a fast heartbeat at school yesterday and today. I can understand that this must be worrying for you, especially if you're not sure why it's happening.

While it's possible that your fast heartbeat could be related to exam stress, it's also important to consider other possible causes, such as physical health issues or anxiety. If your symptoms persist or worsen, I recommend speaking with your doctor or a medical professional to determine the cause and receive appropriate treatment.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to take steps to manage your stress and anxiety, such as practicing relaxation techniques or seeking support from friends or a counselor. You may also want to consider talking with your teacher or school counselor about your concerns, as they may be able to offer additional support or accommodations to help you manage your stress during this busy exam period.
Reply 3
you have posted about this a lot... you really need to speak to a health professional about this, it is not in the remit of TSR users to be able to help you with this

Quick Reply

Latest