The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Urgent question

I will be due to start IFRM or Banking and Finance (undergrad degree) in Cass this year.

I am also considering taking an external course that runs from 10am-1pm Mon to Fri at another location.

I know this can't be definite but what kind of timetable/hours do first years get in Cass and how many free days do they usually get?

Basically, is the 10am-1pm period a primetime for lessons/lectures at Cass and will there be free days or should I be able to go for my external lessons without missing much at Cass?

Estimates of course.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Nenari
I will be due to start IFRM or Banking and Finance (undergrad degree) in Cass this year.

I am also considering taking an external course that runs from 10am-1pm Mon to Fri at another location.

I know this can't be definite but what kind of timetable/hours do first years get in Cass and how many free days do they usually get?

Basically, is the 10am-1pm period a primetime for lessons/lectures at Cass and will there be free days or should I be able to go for my external lessons without missing much at Cass?

Estimates of course.

Thanks in advance

9 am starts are common. I assume the schedule or style will be fairly similar to previous years, i.e. a mix of lectures and tutorials. Expect 9am lectures but you might get lucky. Yes, 10am - 1pm is primetime.

Go to http://sws.city.ac.uk/ and try to play around. You can't depend on this timetable as it's probably not updated but will still give you a feel. It is only for your estimate.

Click on last or current year > Programmes (on the left) > select Investment and Financial Risk Management BSc Part 1 > tick All Weekdays > select Autumn term > View timetable.

You might want to consider what's more important to you. But it also depends on how good you are at time management. You might miss lectures but still score a first if you're smart and work hard.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
How strict are they with first year attendance?

Do they take attendance in tutorials and lectures?
Original post by Nenari

Estimates of course.

Thanks in advance

Cass' admin has informed us that we've gotta be free for lectures and all that uni stuff from Monday to Friday 09.00 to 18.00.

It's very likely that you'll have to reschedule your extra classes, I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending