The Student Room Group

GCSE Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JanitaTwain
There was this page, I think it was on tsr, which specifically stated the grade boundaries for the exam now I can't find it for some reason. According to my teacher students sitting the exam from 2017 onwards will not have the formula sheet either...

That page was predicting the boundaries... they don't come out until 20th August- OH MY GOD glad that is not me :wink:
Original post by ER98
That page was predicting the boundaries... they don't come out until 20th August- OH MY GOD glad that is not me :wink:

Thank God! I was so scared, I seriously done really crappily on the test, plus the added fear of the boundaries had me planning my run-away route. Also my stupid family has this legacy of being good at math and my mum literally threatened to disown me if I got anything less than an A*.
Reply 22
Thank God! I was so scared, I seriously done really crappily on the test, plus the added fear of the boundaries had me planning my run-away route. Also my stupid family has this legacy of being good at math and my mum literally threatened to disown me if I got anything less than an A*.

Do not worry, I am pretty sure it will not go higher than 165 for an A* out of 200.
Original post by ER98
Oh yeah the 1929-2000 10 marker I had memorised! :wink:

Hehe, deffo something to be proud of, well I felt proud ngl :tongue:
I did ocr english too :smile:
What books/poems did you do for literature?
We did an inspector calls, of mice and men, animal farm and carol ann duffy poems
Reply 25
Original post by matalyst
I did ocr english too :smile:
What books/poems did you do for literature?
We did an inspector calls, of mice and men, animal farm and carol ann duffy poems

We had one exam on A View from the bridge, Of Mice and Men, Jekyll and Hyde and then I did my poem on Death of a naturalist by Seamus Heaney.
I'm doing Edexcel higher maths and AQA French, how did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But the end questions on the second paper were SO good. I was scared that they were going to give us transformation of functions so I was really happy with the trig questions.

Oh my gosh I know, for the last like how many years it was all transformations and I still can't do them completely to this day, it was a lifesaver.
Reply 28
Yes I did it, I'm so thankful that someone found it to be hard other than me. The question where you had to convert miles in to km left me so angry and frustrated. The grade boundaries are high this year: 140 for an A apparently and I can't remember the mark needed for an A*.

140 for an A?
How many science exams did you have?
Original post by Its_Tito
Oh my gosh I know, for the last like how many years it was all transformations and I still can't do them completely to this day, it was a lifesaver.

I'm absolutely **** at simultaneous equations- not the higher ones that turn in to quaratics but the easier ones, I pretty sure I failed those questions.
Original post by Yousf
140 for an A?

Yupp...
I'm absolutely **** at simultaneous equations- not the higher ones that turn in to quaratics but the easier ones, I pretty sure I failed those questions.

I'm just hoping for the best because I thought the mock I did a few weeks before was really hard and I got 186 so I'm just hoping I did good in this one too.
Reply 33
Yupp...

How do you know?
Original post by Yousf
How do you know?

I don't actually know, I read this thread where this guy claimed to have them. I've been told that they're the predicted grade boundaries.
Original post by Its_Tito
I'm just hoping for the best because I thought the mock I did a few weeks before was really hard and I got 186 so I'm just hoping I did good in this one too.

On my mock I was exactly 1 mark off an A*, if that happens to me I shall literally kill myself.
On my mock I was exactly 1 mark off an A*, if that happens to me I shall literally kill myself.

That happened to a good friend of mine too and she was so angry :/ I guess just good luck to everyone, it was a pretty hard test this year.
Yupp...

Grade Boundaries will likely be around 140 and 170 for A and A* respectively as last year was 139 and 169.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yousf
140 for an A?

Grade Boundaries will likely be around 140 and 170 for A and A* respectively as last year was 139 and 169.
[QUOTE=Its_Tito;49118701 it was a pretty hard test this year.
I personally found this harder than any past papers I've done.

Quick Reply

Latest