The Student Room Group

Clearing help!!

My situation is that I have a conditional offer, but I havnt signed up for text or email and usually my postman comes at about 2pm. I'm not too hopeful of meeting my conditions and am looking to apply to another course through clearing but how am I meant to do this on Tuesday morning if my results havnt come? Anyone been in this situation before!?!? Help is appreciated, and you!
Thank you* it should say at the end!
Original post by iamsostressed
My situation is that I have a conditional offer, but I havnt signed up for text or email and usually my postman comes at about 2pm. I'm not too hopeful of meeting my conditions and am looking to apply to another course through clearing but how am I meant to do this on Tuesday morning if my results havnt come? Anyone been in this situation before!?!? Help is appreciated, and you!

Hey bud! UCAS prepare for this sort of situation: you can't apply through Clearing until 2:30pm, but the vacancy search list will appear tonight at midnight so you can start searching then if you want! Clearing opens late so people have time to think about their results, look at vacancies, phone up universities and such to see where they want to reply. :smile:
Thanks for your help! Is it essential to phone up universities?
Thanks for your help! Is it essential to phone up universities?

Yes it is - you need a verbal offer from them before you can add them on Track in Clearing.

Heya, just a couple of links which might be of help to you today, (in addition to the great advice above!):

Guide to SQA Clearing
Scottish Unis Clearing Thread

Good luck today! :smile:

We've just updated the Guide to Scottish Clearing so there are eight unis offering Clearing places - most of these are already listed.

Here's a little step-by-step guide on how to prepare for making the phone call and what you can do in the next few hours if you have time to prepare :smile:

Good luck!!!! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending