*smokes sheesha* and *ignores*

How you doing?
Reply 62
Weird and Wonderful
*smokes sheesha* and *ignores*

How you doing?

Im good :smile:
scruffs
Sorry to interject mate but with all due respect you are talking out of your ass.

Shisha does represent a health risk, as you are inhaling products of combustion, which by their very nature are carcinogenic. And you are absorbing nicotine, which as we all know is highly addictive. But shisha is far, far less harmful for you than cigarette smoking, and for many reasons. One of the main differences is the way the tobacco is treated after harvesting. The tobacco which is used in cigarettes, such as marlboro, is dried out quickly using propane powered gas heaters. The emissions they produce interact chemically with the tobacco to generate around three times the number of lethal products one would find in shisha tobacco, which is dried out in the sun.

Secondly, the cigarette company add a plethora of chemicals in order to heighten the 'hit' each time you inhale, and to keep it lit etc. Many of these chemicals are hugely bad for you, but don't appear in shisha. This is the 'tar' that you read about. Check out a pack of cigarettes and a pack of shisha tobacco side by side sometime. While you will find similar nicotine levels you will find that shisha doesn't contain the 'tar', and they would have to say if it did as it is a legal requirement.

Thirdly, the manner in which a person smokes a cigarette means they get a far higher dose of toxins compared to the manner in which one smokes a shisha. You're in much closer proximity to a cigarette; by contrast the source of combustion in shisha is much further away and the smoke mixes with air, which reduces the amount of smoke you inhale. And it doesn't matter that a shisha smokes for longer. You tend to take fewer puffs on it and inhale less deeply, especially when you compare to a smoker on their fag break who is sucking as much as they can from their smoke before they stub it out. And on average a smoker smokes far many more fags a day than one would smoke a shisha. These arguments are at the heart of a growing campaign in Scotland to amend the smoking ban to allow shishas to be used indoors again.

So yes, bad for you shisha is, but it's not as bad as smoking cigarettes and nowhere near the equivalent of smoking a 80 cigarettes in one or whatever wild number you can pluck from your head. So don't berate him and claim he doesn't know what he's talking about, as neither do you.

Sorry (well, not really), but where exactly in my post did I say smoking sheesha was as harmful as smoking "x" number of cigarettes? I said that it was harmful, yes, and that it contains tar/nicotine/CO (and, incidentally, not all cigarette companies put a load of chemicals into their fags). So, um, learn to read.

ANYWAY, are there any sheesha bars/cafés left in Scotland or did they all close down because of the stupid blanket ban on smoking?
Reply 64
quadruple_twist
Sorry (well, not really), but where exactly in my post did I say smoking sheesha was as harmful as smoking "x" number of cigarettes? I said that it was harmful, yes, and that it contains tar/nicotine/CO (and, incidentally, not all cigarette companies put a load of chemicals into their fags). So, um, learn to read.

ANYWAY, are there any sheesha bars/cafés left in Scotland or did they all close down because of the stupid blanket ban on smoking?

You didn't say it, someone else did, but I thought i'd kill two birds with one stone.

Almost every cigarette company puts additives in their tobacco, even if it's just to keep it moist. The only exception I can think of is American Spirit, and that is their major selling point, on the basis that other cigarettes do contain additives.

There's still plenty of shisha bars in Scotland, but you have to smoke outside is all. They've started building shelters with seats and tables for the shisha smokers in some places.

And, um, I can, like, read perfectly well. So well in fact that when you start your first year in Glasgow I'll be in third year. In Glasgow. On your course.
Reply 65
o0o I'll join this soc! I lurvve doing shisha, always do it when in London. I think we should all let each other know where the best places are to smoke shisha. I don't really like the one at trocadero (sp) but for a quick one it ain't too bad, and at night it can be pretty good. My usual place is "Arabesque" on New Quebec Street. It is just off Edgware Rd and does wicked shisha. They have a special grape flavour which is the dogs b******s!

Anybody know of any other decent places to smoke?
scruffs

And, um, I can, like, read perfectly well. So well in fact that when you start your first year in Glasgow I'll be in third year. In Glasgow. On your course.

Oh cool. Genuine question: are there many shisha/normal smokers on the Glasgow medical course? I've always wondered how many med students smoked.
Reply 67
There's a few of us but not many. Apparently the number increases dramatically as the years go by due to the stress.
Reply 68
what flavours do you guys usually smoke...I did peach last week and it wasn't nice. :frown:
Reply 69
grape, mint and rose water are my favourites ^!
Reply 70
yeh I love grape too and cherry...those flavours are nice
Reply 71
cherry, mmmmm *slips into Homer-esque slobbering*....
Reply 72
has anyone ever done strawberry...I've never done that one before...just curious is it nice or what?
Faraday
has anyone ever done strawberry...I've never done that one before...just curious is it nice or what?

I've had strawberry. It's ok - a bit meh - but I prefer peach.
Reply 74
Yes yes shisha something that someone can never h8 :smile: :smokin:
Just bought this:

http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/imagemagic.php?img=images/mediumblue.jpg&w=500&h=546&page=popup

except its 20+ inches bigger.

Look at the freebies i got:

Base Bottle Rubber Seal
Crocodile Charcoal Tongues
10 Mouth Tips
Hookah Cleaning Brush
30 Swift Lite Charcoal Discs
200g natural Charcaol
Soex 50g Strawberry herbal Molasses
SoeX 50g Mixed Fruit herbal Molasses
+ Carrying bag

:biggrin:
Reply 76
Nice i got one like that from Dubai same colour and all!

This is the deadest soceity ever!
Reply 77
Weird and Wonderful
Nice i got one like that from Dubai same colour and all!

This is the deadest soceity ever!

Lol...just give it time dude!
Reply 78
why's it not in the societies bit of the site anyway?
Reply 79
scruffs
cherry, mmmmm *slips into Homer-esque slobbering*....

LOOOOL YES ITS ALL ABOUT THE HOMER-ESQUE SLOBBERING :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending