The Student Room Group

Do you think this year's AQA English Lang exam was harder than previous/ last year?

Did you find this year's AQA English Language exam harder than last year's June 2013 one? Personally, I found the reading section a bit tougher, whereas the Writing section I found easier.

Just curious to know and please feel free to express your ideas. THANKS :smile:
hmm
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by F.B987
Did you find this year's AQA English Language exam harder than last year's June 2013 one? Personally, I found the reading section a bit tougher, whereas the Writing section I found easier.

It was pretty much similar to every other year, I felt. I think it will be 61 for an A* :biggrin:
Original post by F.B987

I found June 2014 easier for both sections but maybe that's just because when I did the June 2013 paper as a mock exam at school I had less practice than when I sat the real exam? Unsure.

I think because the topic was social networks, that's what I found made it really easy. Though I'd say, usually the difficulty of Eng Lang exams are consistent.
Original post by yellowcopter
I found June 2014 easier for both sections but maybe that's just because when I did the June 2013 paper as a mock exam at school I had less practice than when I sat the real exam? Unsure.

I think because the topic was social networks, that's what I found made it really easy. Though I'd say, usually the difficulty of Eng Lang exams are consistent.

Yeah I agree :biggrin: Even the doughnuts in school know a lot about social networking... It'd be interesting to see the grade bounds
Reply 5

I thought I done really really really poorly in that exam which is why I posted this thread! But... I seriously do not know how I ended up with an A for English Language:biggrin:! I'm so happy!

Especially being concerned about how I totally missed out one 16 Mark question and one 8 mark question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by F.B987
I thought I done really really really poorly in that exam which is why I posted this thread! But... I seriously do not know how I ended up with an A for English Language:biggrin:! I'm so happy!

Especially being concerned about how I totally missed out one 16 Mark question and one 8 mark question.

Congrats. :tongue:

I got full marks, I couldn't believe it! :eek:

Dammmnnnnn
Original post by Angelo12231
Dammmnnnnn

I know right, it was my only A* but I'm happy it was English and full marks. :biggrin:

On the whole paper :eek:, well done
I know right, it was my only A* but I'm happy it was English and full marks. :biggrin:

LOL i was 2 ums from an A* in english lang :frown:
Come to think of it, i was a couple of marks away from an A* in everything LOL. Im proud of you
Reply 11
Original post by F.B987
I thought I done really really really poorly in that exam which is why I posted this thread! But... I seriously do not know how I ended up with an A for English Language:biggrin:! I'm so happy! Congratulations

I am the same, I have no idea how the heck I did it. I finished the paper...just, but I never expected an A in a million years. I was only 4 marks off A*:eek: I keep expecting AQA to ring me up and tell me that they had messed up my results.

Quick Reply

Latest