The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Eople cope differently, they may not have been doing things every day. Try not to focus on other people, but focus on what YOU have to do, not what others have to do :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. I'm just worried that my memory issues are creeping back in and I'm forgetting things I need to do. I think that I know that it's just because my organisation has been really good and I'm lucky to have done a bucket of prep before I started but I'm still worried that I'm just missing something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
Oh dear :/ my mum is forcing me to drive the car tonight, but I haven't driven in about two months so I'm scared and I've had rubbish sleep cos I had two panic attacks last night that were really ****ing terrifying :frown: I can't cope today!

I hate when people come round and you have to make small talk with! Do you know any of them? Maybe you could just ask to help with the food/drinks, if there are any, so you wouldn't have to put up with it aaall night?

I'm sure it'll be ok, driving is scary/stressful but hopefully this will be the last time you have to do it before you go off to uni- when do you go to uni? Panic attacks are horrible though :frown:

Exactly :redface: They're all neighbours so I sort of know them by name and face and I've spoken to all of them at some point, the two I know best aren't coming though so will just have to hide from the others I think :colondollar: Helping with food is a good idea though, might try that although I'm tired so my coordination is even worse than usual, plus I can't stand for very long so not sure how well it'll work :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm the only person that breathing exercises doesn't help, they make it worse for me :lol:

They do for me, too, but panic attacks quite often turn into asthma attacks for me so anything breathing related generally makes me panic even more than I was before :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I know. I'm just worried that my memory issues are creeping back in and I'm forgetting things I need to do. I think that I know that it's just because my organisation has been really good and I'm lucky to have done a bucket of prep before I started but I'm still worried that I'm just missing something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you write EVERYTHING down that you need to do and tick it off when its done youl be fine. Have you got a page a day diary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I'm sure it'll be ok, driving is scary/stressful but hopefully this will be the last time you have to do it before you go off to uni- when do you go to uni? Panic attacks are horrible though :frown:

Exactly :redface: They're all neighbours so I sort of know them by name and face and I've spoken to all of them at some point, the two I know best aren't coming though so will just have to hide from the others I think :colondollar: Helping with food is a good idea though, might try that although I'm tired so my coordination is even worse than usual, plus I can't stand for very long so not sure how well it'll work :s-smilie:

im gonna at about 7pm this evening and just drive round generally, so that hopefully nothing will go badly because there won't be many people around! I hate how people drive up your arse though cos im always scared of rolling back and hitting them :frown: i don't go to uni for another two weeks so probably have to go at least once more :frown:

oh okay, it's not horrendous then, but im still glad that we don't really know our neighbours :lol: sorry for the rubbish suggestions, im not in that situation very often :/ it probably won't be as bad as you think. can you not have a nap before they arrive?
Still smiling :colondollar: feels weird feeling happy for once

Posted from TSR Mobile
im gonna at about 7pm this evening and just drive round generally, so that hopefully nothing will go badly because there won't be many people around! I hate how people drive up your arse though cos im always scared of rolling back and hitting them :frown: i don't go to uni for another two weeks so probably have to go at least once more :frown:

oh okay, it's not horrendous then, but im still glad that we don't really know our neighbours :lol: sorry for the rubbish suggestions, im not in that situation very often :/ it probably won't be as bad as you think. can you not have a nap before they arrive?

It shouldn't be too busy then, particularly as it's Sunday :smile: Yeah and then they overtake in stupid places too :unimpressed: Oh, probably best not to think about that just yet then :s-smilie:

Doesn't matter- they're not rubbish anyway! Nor am I, that's the problem, one's moving though that's been here since the houses were built/is the first person we knew in the area so we felt like we should do something :redface: Hopefully it won't, I'm just worrying beforehand for no reason I think :tongue: Yep, gonna try sleep a bit now- thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you write EVERYTHING down that you need to do and tick it off when its done youl be fine. Have you got a page a day diary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have but I haven't been taking it with me :frown:

I think I'm just going to sit down and make myself go through everything to make sure I aren't missing anything. I have several deadlines for the 22nd but I think I'm upto date for them. I just can't put the feeling that I have missed something to rest!

Yay team anxiety :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do for me, too, but panic attacks quite often turn into asthma attacks for me so anything breathing related generally makes me panic even more than I was before :afraid:

yessss! like i feel like focusing on breathing makes me realise how bad my breathing actually is!

Original post by Odd socks
Still smiling :colondollar: feels weird feeling happy for once

aw, im really happy for you :biggrin:

It shouldn't be too busy then, particularly as it's Sunday :smile: Yeah and then they overtake in stupid places too :unimpressed: Oh, probably best not to think about that just yet then :s-smilie:

Doesn't matter- they're not rubbish anyway! Nor am I, that's the problem, one's moving though that's been here since the houses were built/is the first person we knew in the area so we felt like we should do something :redface: Hopefully it won't, I'm just worrying beforehand for no reason I think :tongue: Yep, gonna try sleep a bit now- thank you!

i always have those P plates on, even though i passed months ago, because then if anything does happen, they have been warned, but i feel like sometimes that makes it worse!

haha and oh, i see, yeah you feel kinda obliged too! im sure it'll be okay and its only one evening after all :tongue: hope you get some sleep!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I have but I haven't been taking it with me :frown:

I think I'm just going to sit down and make myself go through everything to make sure I aren't missing anything. I have several deadlines for the 22nd but I think I'm upto date for them. I just can't put the feeling that I have missed something to rest!

Yay team anxiety :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try get into the habbit of putting it in your bag everynight? Or maybe put a post it note somewhere youl see it every day with DIARY written on it!

Yeah sit down, go through everything, may do a to do list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
No it was Birkenhead, one of the smartest people I've encountered on this forum and who acutely psychoanalysed me a few months ago when my TSR addiction was growing out of control.

He isn't smart at all. He pretends to be in order to impress others. He studies at Bristol for God's sake. :rolleyes:
Original post by Asexual Demigod
He isn't smart at all. He pretends to be in order to impress others. He studies at Bristol for God's sake. :rolleyes:

Just because he goes to a certain uni doesnt mean hes an less smart than someone that goes to another uni.

We dont have that kind of talk here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3632
Original post by Asexual Demigod

Well he has fair points

Just because he goes to a certain uni doesnt mean hes an less smart than someone that goes to another uni.

We dont have that kind of talk here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

yessss! like i feel like focusing on breathing makes me realise how bad my breathing actually is!

i always have those P plates on, even though i passed months ago, because then if anything does happen, they have been warned, but i feel like sometimes that makes it worse!

haha and oh, i see, yeah you feel kinda obliged too! im sure it'll be okay and its only one evening after all :tongue: hope you get some sleep!

Exactly! :yep:

I guess so, people seem to be weird around learners though so maybe they would be with those too :dontknow:

Yeah, should be ok I hope :smile: Kind of given up on sleep for now, breathing's all over the place so it's not going o happen any time soon! Just going to hide in my room for as long as possible until my parents make me get up and do something I think :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm the only person that breathing exercises doesn't help, they make it worse for me :lol:

Depends. Sometimes they make it worse because i can't get control of my breathing, no matter how hard they try.
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Spoiler

Exactly! :yep:

I guess so, people seem to be weird around learners though so maybe they would be with those too :dontknow:

Yeah, should be ok I hope :smile: Kind of given up on sleep for now, breathing's all over the place so it's not going o happen any time soon! Just going to hide in my room for as long as possible until my parents make me get up and do something I think :colondollar:

yeah, my breathing is still ****ed rn too :frown: i REALLY don't wanna get up and drive :frown: im hoping it rains really bad so that i might not have to go :/ i always just hide in my room, and my parents forever bitch at me for it! Two more weeks and then i rule myself i guess :lol:

Original post by .snowflake.
Depends. Sometimes they make it worse because i can't get control of my breathing, no matter how hard they try.

it never works for me :/
yeah, my breathing is still ****ed rn too :frown: i REALLY don't wanna get up and drive :frown: im hoping it rains really bad so that i might not have to go :/ i always just hide in my room, and my parents forever bitch at me for it! Two more weeks and then i rule myself i guess :lol:

it never works for me :/

That could work! Yeah, I do it a lot :redface: Lucky person, I still have another year of this :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That could work! Yeah, I do it a lot :redface: Lucky person, I still have another year of this :tongue:

indeed, loads of people have already gone to uni and i still have to wait :frown:
Try get into the habbit of putting it in your bag everynight? Or maybe put a post it note somewhere youl see it every day with DIARY written on it!

Yeah sit down, go through everything, may do a to do list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a white board and I'm adding things to my diary now. Just need to calm down I think. Probably just thinking too hard but now that girlfriend is worried that I'll go downhill because I'm studying again, I've kinda convinced myself of the same.

Latest