The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Got fed up at uni so I came home, the minute I sat on the train I felt better.
In my wca they asked me how many bedrooms my parents' house where i live has. I said 6...are they gonna turn me down for having rich parents? I'm ****in broke and my home life is toxic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maid Marian
No, I can't. :no: My mum's out tonight so I'm alone with nothing to distract me and I don't want to be here, but I can't get out and I need to scream :argh:

not sure if your read the rules, but were not allowed to talk about self harm or suicide. this isnt because we dont want to help you, but it can be very triggering to other people.

have you spoken to a dr or counsellor about the feelings you have?
for distractions can you watch tv, listen to music or watch a film? possibly with a hotchocolate or something?
Don't think I can go home for Christmas :frown: cause I have to work the day after Boxing Day, and there's no transport running on Boxing Day so I won't be able to get back to Aberdeen :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
not sure if your read the rules, but were not allowed to talk about self harm or suicide. this isnt because we dont want to help you, but it can be very triggering to other people.

have you spoken to a dr or counsellor about the feelings you have?
for distractions can you watch tv, listen to music or watch a film? possibly with a hotchocolate or something?

Oh, sorry :bawling:
Well this is crap, just going to have to bottle it up instead :indiff:

I'll go and make a hot chocolate, though I'm not very good at it and will probably burn the milk :cry2:

I'll go and make a hot chocolate, though I'm not very good at it and will probably burn the milk :cry2:

:console: it's just incase it triggers other people hun.

Are you at uni? There's often counselling services available through university that can be good for having someone to talk to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nohomo
In my wca assessment they asked me how many bedrooms my parents' house where i live has. I said 6...are they gonna turn me down for having rich parents? I'm ****in broke and my home life is toxic.

pretty sure its nothing about your parents at all, its about your ability to work :dontknow:

Original post by Odd socks
Don't think I can go home for Christmas :frown: cause I have to work the day after Boxing Day, and there's no transport running on Boxing Day so I won't be able to get back to Aberdeen :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

could you book it off as a holiday? or ask if you can swap? im sure they will if you ask :smile:

its not about bottling things up, were not actually trained to help, and it can be very triggering for someone, yourself included.
you can PM me if you want.

im sure you wont burn the milk at all!
pretty sure its nothing about your parents at all, its about your ability to work :dontknow:

could you book it off as a holiday? or ask if you can swap? im sure they will if you ask :smile:

its not about bottling things up, were not actually trained to help, and it can be very triggering for someone, yourself included.
you can PM me if you want.

im sure you wont burn the milk at all!

I'll ask my manager tomorrow if he's in, I hope I can :/ if I can manage to get both the 26th and 27th off then it would be fine, there's trains on the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll ask my manager tomorrow if he's in, I hope I can :/ if I can manage to get both the 26th and 27th off then it would be fine, there's trains on the 27th

Posted from TSR Mobile

im sure if you explain theyl be fine with it! possibly offer to swap with someone but you should still be able to get it as a holiday!
im sure if you explain theyl be fine with it! possibly offer to swap with someone but you should still be able to get it as a holiday!

Only problem would be if too many people have already asked for it off.. Though I've been doing quite a bit of overtime recently so the manager kinda owes me a favour :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
cant bear this at all any more. someone make it just **** off forever :cry: I've had more than enough to last me a lifetime
Only problem would be if too many people have already asked for it off.. Though I've been doing quite a bit of overtime recently so the manager kinda owes me a favour :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

d
ont forget to let them know that :tongue: maybe suggest working east if you cant work xmas? im sure theyl understand as your a student
:cry: im a horrid horrid person and i just want to crawl out of my skin
Wasted day

Meant to read a book
****ing struggling. I hate uni.
I went to The Hydro tonight to see Lee Evans live and it was a full house so around 13,000 people were there.

I sat up the back and in the middle of a row so I felt claustrophic right from the start and took panic attacks all throughout the show :frown: it sucks. I love Lee Evans but because of the crowds and the space, my heart just wasn't in it :frown: it didn't help that it was absolutely roasting in that venue. My t shirt and jeans were soaked after half an hour from sweating. The heat made me feel even more trapped. I managed to stay for the entire first half but left ten mins before the end of the final act. I told my bf I just needed the toilet but he could tell it was a panic attack and although he was bummed about missing the finale, he was ok to leave with me. It was so awkward being in the middle of the row. I had the urge to get up every few mins but it is so awkward asking everyone to get up for you. It reminded me of the last time I was on a plane in June and I was in the middle of a row and how trapped I felt and that brought on the worst panic attack of my life which has made me terrified of flying.

Finally back home now. Sleep is required! Bloody knackered :frown: the heat and then the panics have drained me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
****ing struggling. I hate uni.

Sorry to hear that you're have a crap time here. :frown:
Been up since 10am yesterday. Still not slept.

I'll assume i'm still hypomanic...
Sleeping tablet's not working tonight.
More time with my own stupid thoughts then. Greaaaat
Original post by Team_McDreamy
:cry: im a horrid horrid person and i just want to crawl out of my skin

:hugs:

But I feel quite the same. :frown:
I'm a witch.
I'm just an evil witch.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest