The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Caz_
Yeah - I always find writing it out makes the stuff I'm learning sink in more. I just don't want to get too bogged down in writing it out that I don't listen to everything in the lecture/miss some important information.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about! I'm not that slow a writer but I don't know how fast they're going to speak and I need to be able to get everything I need! I'm not used to writing notes on a computer though, I've always written everything down!
Original post by noumenon
that beautiful feeling of imminent doom

Optimism feels better
Original post by binarythoughts
Optimism feels better

i'm not knocking it, nevertheless i'm still scared ****less
Original post by blamethenargles
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about! I'm not that slow a writer but I don't know how fast they're going to speak and I need to be able to get everything I need! I'm not used to writing notes on a computer though, I've always written everything down!

I think you get copies of the lecture notes at most unis so you could annotate them instead of writing new notes, and then make your own notes later on? I think thats what I'm gonna do
Original post by cerlohee
I think you get copies of the lecture notes at most unis so you could annotate them instead of writing new notes, and then make your own notes later on? I think thats what I'm gonna do

If that's the case then that would save me a lot of time! I'd probably still make my own notes later on just for revision purposes but lecture notes would be so useful!!
Original post by cerlohee

I think a lot of lecturers leave gaps in the notes to make sure you turn up and listen rather than just take the notes home.
Original post by blamethenargles
If that's the case then that would save me a lot of time! I'd probably still make my own notes later on just for revision purposes but lecture notes would be so useful!!

You can print off the lecture slides to take in with you and make notes alongside to write up later - and I find A4 notepad and ring binders to be the best for storing notes - I have one ring binder for each module.

Its very different from college but you find what works best for you quickly enough.

Good luck to all
Original post by _Caz_
I love how casual that was haha :smile: I don't like all this responsibility! I think notes are going to go in an exercise book and then my practise work will go on paper maybe????

So many choices

Hadn't thought about practise work :lol:

I will have to see how it's all set out and then find a way that works
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So many choices

Hadn't thought about practise work :lol:

I will have to see how it's all set out and then find a way that works

Have you sent your CV?
Have you sent your CV?

I did write one, but decided not to bother because you had to write essays, and it was a thing for girls... Even thought it wasn't explicit it was for females, so I wouldn't have won it even if I was good enough
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I did write one, but decided not to bother because you had to write essays, and it was a thing for girls... Even thought it wasn't explicit it was for females, so I wouldn't have won it even if I was good enough

Ah, alright!
Original post by Red Fox
I think a lot of lecturers leave gaps in the notes to make sure you turn up and listen rather than just take the notes home.

Do they? I didn't know that

I'm gonna record the lectures :wink:

I think some lecturers record it and post it up on the University website.
I would video record the whole thing everyday, make the notes, delete the video for space, and repeat the cycle again.
Original post by H.Ibrahim

I would video record the whole thing everyday, make the notes, delete the video for space, and repeat the cycle again.

When I went on a summer school they did it for some of the lectures and said that it was quite a common thing for lecturers to do.
Original post by Red Fox
When I went on a summer school they did it for some of the lectures and said that it was quite a common thing for lecturers to do.

I would still turn up for lectures even if it was recorded, it's the principle that counts right.
I would still turn up for lectures even if it was recorded, it's the principle that counts right.

Well if the lecturer is **** then there's no point in turning up if notes are sent out and you can just go through them yourself.

Yeah same
I'd struggle big time if I hate to make notes during the lecture. I'd much rather be able to pause, rewind or forward it :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Well if the lecturer is **** then there's no point in turning up if notes are sent out and you can just go through them yourself.

Yeah same
I'd struggle big time if I hate to make notes during the lecture. I'd much rather be able to pause, rewind or forward it :biggrin:

Exactly!
(edited 9 years ago)

can you send your birth certificate instead? that 's what I did...
I have the urge to write a story for some reason but I haven't written anything longer than a side of A4 for almost 2 years.

Latest