The Student Room Group

applying to sixth form.

so i got my results and i got a basically grades 4-7 in everything, however i was 1 mark off a 4 for English language. Im currently getting in remarked and i need a 4 in order to do a levels, all the sixth forms i want to go to require a 4 obviously and i dont want to do BTEC at all. if i dont get the 4 back i cant do a levels so i dont know what to do. college and enrolment starts next week and basically everyone's starting next week, some colleges are not responding to my calls or emails, i know i should have applied to more colleges before hand but i never really realised so i left evrything last minute. im considering taking a gap year but i dont now if im allowed as im 16?? someone help.
Original post by ikky700
so i got my results and i got a basically grades 4-7 in everything, however i was 1 mark off a 4 for English language. Im currently getting in remarked and i need a 4 in order to do a levels, all the sixth forms i want to go to require a 4 obviously and i dont want to do BTEC at all. if i dont get the 4 back i cant do a levels so i dont know what to do. college and enrolment starts next week and basically everyone's starting next week, some colleges are not responding to my calls or emails, i know i should have applied to more colleges before hand but i never really realised so i left evrything last minute. im considering taking a gap year but i dont now if im allowed as im 16?? someone help.

You have to remain in full time education until you are 18, so you would not be allowed to take a gap year. I don't really have any other advice unfortunately, you will have to wait to get your English language marks back and you may end up having to do something else if you don't get the 4.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You have to remain in full time education until you are 18, so you would not be allowed to take a gap year. I don't really have any other advice unfortunately, you will have to wait to get your English language marks back and you may end up having to do something else if you don't get the 4.

Is it possible to resit your GCSES in June and not attend college and have like a job throughout the year and focus on revising as I have to do a levels so I’m thinking of re applying to college for my a levels next academic year, I don’t like the options I’m being given and I want a fresh start.
Original post by ikky700
Is it possible to resit your GCSES in June and not attend college and have like a job throughout the year and focus on revising as I have to do a levels so I’m thinking of re applying to college for my a levels next academic year, I don’t like the options I’m being given and I want a fresh start.

I'm not sure, I am not the right person to answer that question. Hopefully someone who can answer the question will come across this thread.
I'm going through the exact same thing with English at the moment, one mark off a 4. What I recommend is showing up to enrolment days next week and explaining the situation and if you could also have an email from the school (which explains your paper is being remarked) But until the remark comes back, try and negotiate meanwhile to do Btec. Keep in mind most schools do a one month probation period, so if you get your remark back you can switch your options with no problem. But also tell them your options you would like to do for a level (in case the options might be filled) because honestly its only one mark I mean you're guaranteed to get it to be honest, also remarks don't come back until 13-14 th September so that's the best advice i can give.
Reply 5
Original post by fateful-quay
I'm going through the exact same thing with English at the moment, one mark off a 4. What I recommend is showing up to enrolment days next week and explaining the situation and if you could also have an email from the school (which explains your paper is being remarked) But until the remark comes back, try and negotiate meanwhile to do Btec. Keep in mind most schools do a one month probation period, so if you get your remark back you can switch your options with no problem. But also tell them your options you would like to do for a level (in case the options might be filled) because honestly its only one mark I mean you're guaranteed to get it to be honest, also remarks don't come back until 13-14 th September so that's the best advice i can give.

Yes that’s what I’ve done it’s such a waste of time and hastle just for 1 mark but it is what it is, hopefully I get the grade 4 and I get to do a levels because I don’t wanna do a BTEC. I thought at least they would let me do both at the same time but hopefully it gets fixed soon
Yeah exactly, in the exact same boat rn, I don't want to do all BTEC either. This is so much stress over a mark, and the worst part is that its not even guaranteed.. I hope it goes well for you though.
Reply 7
Original post by fateful-quay
Yeah exactly, in the exact same boat rn, I don't want to do all BTEC either. This is so much stress over a mark, and the worst part is that its not even guaranteed.. I hope it goes well for you though.

Thanks you too, will update you soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending