The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Woo! Just received my final offer from Sheffield :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by maisie1205
Just got an offer from Exeter!

Well done!! Do you mind me asking your as grades/ predicted grades? Exeter is my number 1 choice and super worried I don't think I'm going to get an offer!!
Original post by poppyba
Well done!! Do you mind me asking your as grades/ predicted grades? Exeter is my number 1 choice and super worried I don't think I'm going to get an offer!!

Thanks!! No problem- I'm predicted A*A*A and I got 5As at AS (psychology, history, economics, French and general studies). I hope you get an offer!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 183
Thanks!! No problem- I'm predicted A*A*A and I got 5As at AS (psychology, history, economics, French and general studies). I hope you get an offer!!

wow that's amazing, well done!! And thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by poppyba
wow that's amazing, well done!! And thank you! :biggrin:

Thanks!! Apart from exeter where else are you applying? :smile:
Reply 185
Thanks!! Apart from exeter where else are you applying? :smile:

I've got an offer from UEA and Kent and have also applied to York! You? :smile:
How long did it take for people to get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poppyba
I've got an offer from UEA and Kent and have also applied to York! You? :smile:

Wow congrats!!!! I've got an offer from birmingham and have also applied to durham, bath and nottingham :smile: the nervous wait is killing me....
Reply 188
Original post by Froydel
Hi! I've applied for UCL (with language sciences), Bath, and Oxford (psychology and linguistics). Which course did you choose for Bath?

TSA aaaargh!!! I've done three practise papers and they just seem to get harder. What score do you get on average?

I'm thinking the one with the sandwich year in Bath.
My TSA scores fluctuates a lot really, like I've got 70% in one and only fifty something in another, so weird.
Reply 189
I've done my personal statement and I've put in some extra reading about depression/illnesses like Oliver Sacks and Sylvia Plath, but I've read a book called 'It's kind of a funny story' by ned vizzini about a depressed teenager, is it worth putting it in?
Original post by IAmEchelon
How long did it take for people to get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One week for all 4 of mine :smile:
Original post by zarasa_
I've done my personal statement and I've put in some extra reading about depression/illnesses like Oliver Sacks and Sylvia Plath, but I've read a book called 'It's kind of a funny story' by ned vizzini about a depressed teenager, is it worth putting it in?

It's not really a academic psychology book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
It's not really a academic psychology book

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that's why I was wandering. I'll just leave it out :smile:
Just got an offer from Cardiff!
Just got an offer from Glasgow for Psychology with Philosophy!
So I ended up changing one of my options just before my school officially sent my application off! Now I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Surrey, Birmingham and Exeter! Decided to apply to Nottingham instead of UCL because they're offering me another bursary for participating in Summer School! I had an offer from Surrey two days ago and that's it, I'm SO nervous haha!
Can you change one of your choices after your school has sent it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you change one of your choices after your school has sent it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you can, just go on ucas and substitute it. I swapped out Loughborough for Surrey probably 2/3 days after I sent it off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beaverhausen
Yes you can, just go on ucas and substitute it. I swapped out Loughborough for Surrey probably 2/3 days after I sent it off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god! I thought I applied for Nottingham, turns out I applied for Nottingham Trent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank god! I thought I applied for Nottingham, turns out I applied for Nottingham Trent

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there is a cut-off point for changing options, but you can do it. Best to go to the Applications forum - people there will know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest