The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2014 Applicants (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by CSapplicant2015
Anyone with a Computer science offer could you share from which region you are? I kinda suspect all offers given so far are for the RUK region

I'm in Scotland and I haven't received anything yet. Getting a bit nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 961
Original post by CSApplicant16
I'm from Aberdeenshire. It's still incredibly early to hear back, only 2/5 universities have gotten back to me so far.

I'm from Aberdeen, and also in the exact same boat as yourself haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vonnade
I'm in Scotland and I haven't received anything yet. Getting a bit nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you send your application close to the deadline?
I know people in school who haven't received anything and others, like myself, who have five back.

Don't worry about it because all of them will get back to you, just St Andrews and Edinburgh are usually quite late
Reply 963
Original post by CaitlinDy
Did you send your application close to the deadline?
I know people in school who haven't received anything and others, like myself, who have five back.

Don't worry about it because all of them will get back to you, just St Andrews and Edinburgh are usually quite late

Ohh sorry I meant just from St. Andrews yet haha!

Yeah I've heard from numerous people they respond later than others. Thanks for your response :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone with a Computer science offer could you share from which region you are? I kinda suspect all offers given so far are for the RUK region

I'm from Glasgow
Original post by vonnade
Ohh sorry I meant just from St. Andrews yet haha!

Yeah I've heard from numerous people they respond later than others. Thanks for your response :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, best of luck with your application; and hopefully see you in St Andrews come September :smile:
Do all the offers go out at the same time? I haven't recieved CS one yet so I'm worried. :frown:

Hi CSapplicant2015,

We (in Computer Science) have made most of our decisions; most of the remaining ones are those where we have had to go back to the applicant or the applicant's school for more information, or where the application is for Joint Honours and we still need to discuss the application with the other School. But I have no control over when the offers actually go out on UCAS, as they need to be double- and triple-checked by the central admissions office first, and as you can imagine they have quite a large number of applications to deal with.

So I am afraid that all I can say is sit tight.
Original post by St Andrews CompSci
Hi CSapplicant2015,

We (in Computer Science) have made most of our decisions; most of the remaining ones are those where we have had to go back to the applicant or the applicant's school for more information, or where the application is for Joint Honours and we still need to discuss the application with the other School. But I have no control over when the offers actually go out on UCAS, as they need to be double- and triple-checked by the central admissions office first, and as you can imagine they have quite a large number of applications to deal with.

So I am afraid that all I can say is sit tight.

May I ask about the others who do not recieve offers? How many applicants are currently in the wait list and have you rejected already the ones who aren't on it?
Reply 968
any biochem applicants hear back yet??
Original post by Rriji
any biochem applicants hear back yet??

My friend who applied for zoology hasn't heard yet. Perhaps the biology dept haven't released anything yet. Don't panic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back about Modern History/International Relations?
Reply 971
I'm not a duck anymore, but there are still ducks in the river next to my house, quacking and sitting.

Big congrats on your unconditional! I might get a 'sorry but it's no' and stay a duck.... Oh I hope not....!
Reply 972
Original post by Edac
Just got an AAA offer for physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big congrats from me too!!
Original post by SASTS

Big congrats on your unconditional! I might get a 'sorry but it's no' and stay a duck.... Oh I hope not....!

Thank you! Waiting is the horrible part, what are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 974
Thank you! Waiting is the horrible part, what are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, waiting is just awful. I'm applying for Physics. I have unconditionals from Glasgow and Edinburgh but St Andrews is my number 1. If they say no (likely!!???) then I'll be heading to Edinburgh.
Original post by SASTS
Yes, waiting is just awful. I'm applying for Physics. I have unconditionals from Glasgow and Edinburgh but St Andrews is my number 1. If they say no (likely!!???) then I'll be heading to Edinburgh.

A fellow physicist! I'm sure you'll hear back soon, they're quite often late with releasing decisions.
Other than that, Glasgow and Edinburgh are excellent establishments as well.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 976
Oh thanks. Yep physics is my passion.... I saw yours is physics and chemistry! - wow! I do hope St Andrews say yes but you're right Edinburgh would be good.
Original post by SASTS
Oh thanks. Yep physics is my passion.... I saw yours is physics and chemistry! - wow! I do hope St Andrews say yes but you're right Edinburgh would be good.

Did you achieve the minimum requirements? If so, you're more than half way there! It's just a sitting duck game now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 978
Did you achieve the minimum requirements? If so, you're more than half way there! It's just a sitting duck game now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks again! Yes I have the grades but there are sooooo many top applicants.... Good that I like ducks!:biggrin:
Original post by SASTS
Oh thanks again! Yes I have the grades but there are sooooo many top applicants.... Good that I like ducks!:biggrin:

I'll tell you something, I applied for the joint honours and was told that if there were too many applicants in one department I would be asked to accept a place in only the other department, later going onto the joint hons.
The fact I've received a place so quickly for the joint honours either means my application was outstanding (highly unlikely- I haven't studied English for two years), or as is probably the case, there are enough places for all the applicants they want in both departments.

To me, it seems that there were sufficient places in both departments which hopefully means you'll have got a place considering your grades are good - and providing your PS and reference were good which I see no reason in doubting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending