The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Life at LSE

I'm about to start my second year at college and so one of the universities I would like to apply for is LSE but there are a few questions I was hoping current students would be able to answer.

I'm from the North West and so obviously the day to day life in London would be considerably much more expensive. On top of that there's thing like travel and so I was wondering how much support LSE offer and how financially difficult it would be studying in London?

Also, I've never had the chance the visit LSE accomodation so I'm not sure what to expect as I've heard it's really bad. Is it actually that bad and what's the situation like with regards to how far away from lectures and things it is?
Reply 1
I know the accommodations are not far from lectures as I live in London and can work out the distances from where they are too LSE. I can't comment on the quality of them but do bare in mind that the majority of the time you're unlikely to be in accommodation. LSE themselves have a bursary up to £4k a year depending on financial circumstances which could be useful. Also check out if you can get anything off student finance uk. It should therefore not be that financially difficult to study in London. You could also ring up lse and explain your situation and seek what support they would give.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
1st year you get to stay in Halls. Good value. 2nd year one can still find reasonable places to share. Many have survived so can you. Worth it if you can get in. Pays off eventually. Better career prospects etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending