The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance Bsc in LSE, Warwick or Manchester

Really don't know which is better for Bsc accounting and Finance along universities LSE, Warwick or Manchester.Graduate prospects are important to me but social life is too and costs would probably be very high in London however lse reputation beats everything.Is the LSE prestige worth it over Warwick or Manchester?
Original post by Anonymous
Really don't know which is better for Bsc accounting and Finance along universities LSE, Warwick or Manchester.Graduate prospects are important to me but social life is too and costs would probably be very high in London however lse reputation beats everything.Is the LSE prestige worth it over Warwick or Manchester?

FYI, I've moved this from the University of Brighton forum to the Accounting and Finance forum, which seems more relevant.

In answer to your question, "prestige" has whatever value you ascribe to it. Also, it would difficult for someone else the balance the four characteristics you mention (graduate prospects, social life, costs, reputation/prestige). Only you can know which factors are more/less important to you. All other people can tell you is how important they are to them.

My personal opinion (and other will have different opinions) is that Warwick beats Manchester but not LSE in terms or prestige/reputation, and would likely have significantly lowers costs then LSE. Social life tends to be what you make of it, and is more influenced by your peer group that the actual setting. Having said that, Warwick university is in the middle of nowhere, so is likely to suffer from a lack of easy access to a varied social scene. The social scene in Manchester is likely the best of the three.

Are your offers from each uni the same? Or do you need to factor that into your decision-making too?
Original post by DataVenia
FYI, I've moved this from the University of Brighton forum to the Accounting and Finance forum, which seems more relevant.

In answer to your question, "prestige" has whatever value you ascribe to it. Also, it would difficult for someone else the balance the four characteristics you mention (graduate prospects, social life, costs, reputation/prestige). Only you can know which factors are more/less important to you. All other people can tell you is how important they are to them.

My personal opinion (and other will have different opinions) is that Warwick beats Manchester but not LSE in terms or prestige/reputation, and would likely have significantly lowers costs then LSE. Social life tends to be what you make of it, and is more influenced by your peer group that the actual setting. Having said that, Warwick university is in the middle of nowhere, so is likely to suffer from a lack of easy access to a varied social scene. The social scene in Manchester is likely the best of the three.

Are your offers from each uni the same? Or do you need to factor that into your decision-making too?

My offers from all are AAA would seem relatively achievable since my predicteds were high.Warwick is still a campus uni thus that experience would be there.Manchester and Warwick both have a year in industry for me whereas lse is only 3 years so that's why I was confused as to whether the trade off was worth it.Ps.I want to get into investment banking later on lse and Warwick for that are target unis while lse is more theoretical and independent learning in terms of course structure as compared to Warwick or Manchester as they rely on practical concepts and Finance more.
(edited 1 year ago)
Which course at Manchester? There are a few routes for A&f which have different pros and cons.
Original post by ajj2000
Which course at Manchester? There are a few routes for A&f which have different pros and cons.

International business economics and Finance
Original post by zehaan_s_23
International business economics and Finance

Do you hold and offer? When did u apply? Please
Original post by psqueeze00
Do you hold and offer? When did u apply? Please

I applied by jan 2nd got an offer by like Jan 9th
Reply 7
hi,
did you get anything from LSE yet?
I've applied for a&f there ... still waiting
I applied by jan 2nd got an offer by like Jan 9th
Same LSE is the only one im waiting for on for accounting and finance.They take way too long fr.
But to answer your question, if I was to get an offer from all three I would put LSE as my main choice and Warwick as insurance. Reason for although life at LSE may not be as good in the end it all comes down to university prestige and name. LSE is up there with imperial a bit behind Oxbridge while Warwick and Manchester aren’t really in that conversation. For employment I’m not really sure because Warwick has the placement year so you’ll have the work experience but employers especially for finance love LSE students. Don’t listen to international rankings like QS because they look at the uni as overall and LSE doesn’t offer medicine and is more business orientated (very small uni around 11k students). Wish you all the best in getting offers (I’m still waiting on Warwick and LSE), hopefully I helped in your decision.
Reply 10
Hi just wondering what your predicted grades were and what subjects and also what gcses and grades you got to secure 3 offered from LSE Warwick Manchester.

My offers from all are AAA would seem relatively achievable since my predicteds were high.Warwick is still a campus uni thus that experience would be there.Manchester and Warwick both have a year in industry for me whereas lse is only 3 years so that's why I was confused as to whether the trade off was worth it.Ps.I want to get into investment banking later on lse and Warwick for that are target unis while lse is more theoretical and independent learning in terms of course structure as compared to Warwick or Manchester as they rely on practical concepts and Finance more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending