The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Phil+Econ vs Durham Phil

Hi, I know this sounds like a stupid question but hear me out. I’m in my first year at Durham studying philosophy and have not quite hit the ground running. I applied for some other unis to give myself options and have been offered LSE Philosophy and Economics. My inclination is to take it but I am hesitant to leave Durham given I’ve already spent a year here (and paid for it). I have heard stories of poor social life, cons of living in London broke, difficulty making friends with the abundance of international students etc. I’m particularly considering it as I am looking to go into finance and LSE Econ is the good standard for that. I know this sounds dumb to ask but it’s a big decision to start again after already completing my first year at another very good university.
you and i are literally going through the exact same thing !!

i will say it genuinely depends on you , you seem very on the fence about this as durham is also a very good university
if you’re 100% okay with starting again at LSE then go for it. Social life is what you make of it and i’m sure with the abundance of international students , there’s someone you’d definitely click with anyways
LSE is in london and there are so many things to do!! finances wise though i must say if you aren’t prepared to be a bit more conscious of your finances as well as budgeting wisely you will struggle

hope to see you at LSE though :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #1

i will say it genuinely depends on you , you seem very on the fence about this as durham is also a very good university
if you’re 100% okay with starting again at LSE then go for it. Social life is what you make of it and i’m sure with the abundance of international students , there’s someone you’d definitely click with anyways
LSE is in london and there are so many things to do!! finances wise though i must say if you aren’t prepared to be a bit more conscious of your finances as well as budgeting wisely you will struggle

Really?! You’re studying first year philosophy?!?
Original post by Brighton&hove
Original post by Anonymous #1

Really?! You’re studying first year philosophy?!?

no i’m not 😭😭 but i am a first year at another uni and i also applied for phil + econ at lse and got in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending