The Student Room Group

Which English degree?

I have spent most of this summer researching university degrees. I know I want to do something English / media related but I honestly don't know what. Looking at the 'English' courses, they are all so different and I have found one at Bournemouth which is a mixture of English literature, language, creative writing, media and journalism which is right up my street, however a lot of the others are very literature-heavy. The other thing is, I want to go to university and stay at home (for medical reasons) but commuting is an option but Bournemouth is a bit far for me (I'm in Buckinghamshire). Other courses I have been looking at are English with creative writing or vice-versa and English with media or journalism. In the future, I would really like to go into the writing department of media but my logic of taking something with English is that if all else fails, I can teach it. Thoughts as to which degree is best? Are all 'English' or 'English Studies' degrees similar to the one at Bournemouth?Rebecca :smile:
Original post by Becka24601
I have spent most of this summer researching university degrees. I know I want to do something English / media related but I honestly don't know what. Looking at the 'English' courses, they are all so different and I have found one at Bournemouth which is a mixture of English literature, language, creative writing, media and journalism which is right up my street, however a lot of the others are very literature-heavy. The other thing is, I want to go to university and stay at home (for medical reasons) but commuting is an option but Bournemouth is a bit far for me (I'm in Buckinghamshire). Other courses I have been looking at are English with creative writing or vice-versa and English with media or journalism. In the future, I would really like to go into the writing department of media but my logic of taking something with English is that if all else fails, I can teach it. Thoughts as to which degree is best? Are all 'English' or 'English Studies' degrees similar to the one at Bournemouth?Rebecca :smile:

Every university is different as they can pick and choose what modules to do.
Original post by Becka24601

Ohhhhh future English with Media Student here!!!!! WOOP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending