The Student Room Group

need serious help with applying to medicine

So I just finished my final year at highschool in scotland and I was hoping to go into medicine. I took 3 highers and an advanced higher but my results werent that great getting a BBCC. What are my best options now. Should I repeat the year and take the same subjects maybe getting 4 A's or would the universities see that as a negative. someone please respond. I seriously need some advice
Reply 1
Original post by Aseel Gashout
So I just finished my final year at highschool in scotland and I was hoping to go into medicine. I took 3 highers and an advanced higher but my results werent that great getting a BBCC. What are my best options now. Should I repeat the year and take the same subjects maybe getting 4 A's or would the universities see that as a negative. someone please respond. I seriously need some advice

What is that equivalent to in the UK education system. Are they similar to a levels? My knowledge of the Scottish education system is pretty basic.

To be honest, you have next to no chance of getting into Medicine with those grades. If you apply now, you wouldn't even meet the minimum entry requirement. Also note, the minimum entry requirement is generally AAA- majority of people would have got this first time and still a lot of them get rejected. If you were to get 4 A's second time, you'd certainly be looked down upon if you applied for Medicine. If you had to choose between the two, repeating the year is your best bet. Although realistically, you blew your chance. Think of an alternative course; Pharmacy maybe? Majority of English universities don't even consider Highers; only Advanced Highers merit consideration. Food for thought.

What did you get last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending