The Student Room Group

AS Physics > AS RS?

So if I want to do Medicine or Dentistry, I have chosen Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
Is Physics better than RS?
Reply 1
Physics would be better than RS, in that it's a science and would also support some of your work in maths (there's an overlap). Provided you wouldn't mind studying either subject, Physics is a better fit for a medical degree.
Reply 2
Is General Studies a humanity?
Because everyone in my college does it.
The porcupine is actually not a hedgehog!
I don't think it would make any difference in terms of admissions.

I think you should just do the one that you enjoy more or are better at.
Reply 5
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I don't think it would make any difference in terms of admissions.

I think you should just do the one that you enjoy more or are better at.

Ok thanks.
Partly depends where you want to go, if it's Oxbridge or Imperial or somewhere like that then definitely physics. Otherwise some unis actually prefer you have a complementary subject from the others and the ethics in RS will help for Medicine particularly if you get questions about the value of life in interviews. If you do opt for RS it's probably best to drop it after AS and take maths, bio and chem to A2. Pick whichever you enjoy more and are more likely to get an A in :smile:

I got three offers for Medicine with psychology as a 4th AS which is probably seen as similar to RS in difficulty from an administrators point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Cryinglightning
Partly depends where you want to go, if it's Oxbridge or Imperial or somewhere like that then definitely physics. Otherwise some unis actually prefer you have a complementary subject from the others and the ethics in RS will help for Medicine particularly if you get questions about the value of life in interviews. If you do opt for RS it's probably best to drop it after AS and take maths, bio and chem to A2. Pick whichever you enjoy more and are more likely to get an A in :smile:

I got three offers for Medicine with psychology as a 4th AS which is probably seen as similar to RS in difficulty from an administrators point of view

Posted from TSR Mobile

What GCSE results did you get?
I got mediocre results; 2A*s, 7As and a B
I got 5.5 A*s and 6.5 As, they're not terrible results so if your UKCAT is ok you should be able to do alright as long as you apply strategically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cryinglightning
I got 5.5 A*s and 6.5 As, they're not terrible results so if your UKCAT is ok you should be able to do alright as long as you apply strategically

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you get 1/2 an A* and 1/2 an A?
Original post by ForgottenApple
How can you get 1/2 an A* and 1/2 an A?

They were short courses in RS and citizenship so only half a GCSE each

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest