The Student Room Group

I need some advice please!

Hey :smile:

I'm currently studying for my A Levels and following some personal issues last year, my school has allowed me to stay on an extra year in order to boost my grades. This year, I've had serious bullying issues which the school is handling and I've been upset with an assessment grade I achieved. I'm just feeling unmotivated about my studies and I really don't want to be. I want to study sociology or geography at Uni but I feel so down I keep doubting myself on whether I can do it.

Can anyone give me any tips or advice on how to motivate myself..because at the moment I feel like giving up.

sorry to bore you!

Thank you!
Reply 1
The best way to motivate yourself is to just think about your future; Think of how far you want to go, your chosen university, the great time you'll have there, the new opportunities, new people, new societies! It's just a year for your entire life. I know it may be hard, but you'll really regret it later on if you don't put the effort in.

If you go on through this, you'll make yourself proud (and trust me, nothing is as exhilarating as academic success!)

Everything you do now, will return to you in the future. Don't let any bully or other idiot take it away from you!
You'll be fine. I know repeating a year is difficult because of rehashing old ground. But it will help you get a really in depth understanding of those subjects. If you get decent grades then you have every confidence in being able to graduate to university successfully. Forget the past, don't think about the future either, focus on the here and now

Quick Reply

Latest