The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is Phill_95!

I'm studying... L3 Extended Diploma in Comstruction and the Built Environmey

I'm interested in... Quantity Surveying at Northumbria.

In spare time, music.

I'm thinking about... Becoming a quantity surveyor
Reply 1
Original post by Phill_95
I'm studying... L3 Extended Diploma in Comstruction and the Built Environmey

I'm interested in... Quantity Surveying at Northumbria.

In spare time, music.

I'm thinking about... Becoming a quantity surveyor

Welcome to :tsr:

How are you finding your course so far? Better or worse than expected? :h:

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm happy to help. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 8472

Welcome to :tsr:

How are you finding your course so far? Better or worse than expected? :h:

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm happy to help. :smile:

Cheers :smile: I do have a question, it's about student finance and stuff. I am worried I may not be able to live at uni due to financial circumstances, my mum is on a 0 hour contract job as a care worker so she probably earns 10k on average maybe? She does 40 hours per week roughly and my dad hasn't got a job and I've never managed to get a job in the small town I live in :/ I'm interested in QS at northumbria uni. I was wondering are there grants or loans I can get which may help, is finding a job as a uni student difficult in a larger city compared to a small town, and what is uni life like in general?

i am finding my college course pretty good and I found I'd like to go into quantity surveying (QS) :smile:

Thanks for replying by the way :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Cheers :smile: I do have a question, it's about student finance and stuff. I am worried I may not be able to live at uni due to financial circumstances, my mum is on a 0 hour contract job as a care worker so she probably earns 10k on average maybe? She does 40 hours per week roughly and my dad hasn't got a job and I've never managed to get a job in the small town I live in :/ I'm interested in QS at northumbria uni. I was wondering are there grants or loans I can get which may help, is finding a job as a uni student difficult in a larger city compared to a small town, and what is uni life like in general?

i am finding my college course pretty good and I found I'd like to go into quantity surveying (QS) :smile:

Thanks for replying by the way :smile:

Bump
Hi, even I'm applying for QS this year (2015) and Northumbria is one of my choices.

Really confused because I don't know which university to apply for!

We should make a thread calling all QSers together :biggrin:

Enjoy your time on TSR :smile: I'm here to help if you'd like :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by EverybodyHertz
Hi, even I'm applying for QS this year (2015) and Northumbria is one of my choices.

Really confused because I don't know which university to apply for!

We should make a thread calling all QSers together :biggrin:

Enjoy your time on TSR :smile: I'm here to help if you'd like :smile:

Nice one :biggrin: cheers mate :smile: are you doing A levels or something or the construction diploma route?
Nice one :biggrin: cheers mate :smile: are you doing A levels or something or the construction diploma route?

I am doing A-Levels art, maths, physics and psychology :smile:
I really didn't know what to do until the start of this academic year to be honest.
How are you getting on?
Done my UCAS just gotta put in my university choices which are proving to be quite the pain.
Reply 7
Original post by EverybodyHertz
I am doing A-Levels art, maths, physics and psychology :smile:
I really didn't know what to do until the start of this academic year to be honest.
How are you getting on?
Done my UCAS just gotta put in my university choices which are proving to be quite the pain.

I'm doing my UCAS too and onto the extended diploma in construction :smile: need a minimum of MMP because I have prior qualifications :smile: I'm going to the open day at northumbria too to see if it's any good :smile: I'll get lost knowing my luck hahahahah should be good though :P I chose the diploma from plumbing, the lecturers decided I should be moved up to it basically xD but yeah, that's pretty much my story :smile:

I should have called this the QS thread xD

Quick Reply

Latest