The Student Room Group

Deloitte School Leavers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teh-jew
I don't know tbh, it says I've been invited for a 'group assessment' but I'm not exactly sure what that consists of, and available dates haven't been posted yet. I'm applying for the London office.

Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 21
Original post by SmallDuck
Have you had an interview yet?

Nope. I'm booked in for 5th November. Have you?
Original post by teh-jew
Nope. I'm booked in for 5th November. Have you?

Yeah I am booked in for late this month. Fingers crossed!
Hi all! Good luck with your interviews. You'll find lots of people on Deloitte training programmes having rated their experiences on here - definitely worth looking through what they've said to improve your commercial awareness as well as read about their own application experiences!

Good luck all!

Flick

http://goo.gl/bT57XS
Reply 24
Yeah I am booked in for late this month. Fingers crossed!

How did it go? What actually happens in the interview?
Original post by teh-jew
How did it go? What actually happens in the interview?

I was unsuccessful unfortunately. I am not entirely sure what I did wrong.

All the advice I can give you is, don't be complacent. Take a moment to consider your answer before answering each question and ALWAYS double check your calculations (there were a couple of number based question.

I have an interview with Grant Thornton this week and I am also applying to EY and BDO, so this is not the end of the line for me thank goodness :wink:

Still, good luck with your interview. Which department did you apply to?
Reply 26
I was unsuccessful unfortunately. I am not entirely sure what I did wrong.

All the advice I can give you is, don't be complacent. Take a moment to consider your answer before answering each question and ALWAYS double check your calculations (there were a couple of number based question.

I have an interview with Grant Thornton this week and I am also applying to EY and BDO, so this is not the end of the line for me thank goodness :wink:

Still, good luck with your interview. Which department did you apply to?

Thanks!
The scholars scheme isnt attached to any particular department as far as I know.
so in the group interview you have to do more assessments??? Oh gosh, I'm not even sure how I managed to pass the online assessments. We're there any group tasks?
good luck with your other interviews!
Original post by teh-jew
Thanks!
The scholars scheme isnt attached to any particular department as far as I know.
so in the group interview you have to do more assessments??? Oh gosh, I'm not even sure how I managed to pass the online assessments. We're there any group tasks?
good luck with your other interviews!

No group tasks, but I am not sure if that is the same for the scholars. There was no 'assessment' as such at the interview, but I was given 1 maths question by the interviewer and a case study that I had to answer questions on.

Don't worry. My godmother is a senior partner at Deloitte and she said that anybody who gets through the application for and the on-line tests and has got an interview is a capable candidate. Those who lose at the interview are not incapable, but they have just been outperformed by others.
Reply 28
No group tasks, but I am not sure if that is the same for the scholars. There was no 'assessment' as such at the interview, but I was given 1 maths question by the interviewer and a case study that I had to answer questions on.

Don't worry. My godmother is a senior partner at Deloitte and she said that anybody who gets through the application for and the on-line tests and has got an interview is a capable candidate. Those who lose at the interview are not incapable, but they have just been outperformed by others.

I see. Thank you :smile:
I've applied to the london office for 2015 and got through to the first interview stage and not sure on how to prepare or anything really. Their website has information about the stages but I've heard different things about interviews for people.
It would be greatly appreciated if anybody could let me know about the following::colondollar:
Has anybody had their first interview for Deloitte yet?
What type of questions do they ask?
Should I prepare for anything other then the questions for the day?
Do you need to bring anything?
Original post by TheToggler
I've applied to the london office for 2015 and got through to the first interview stage and not sure on how to prepare or anything really. Their website has information about the stages but I've heard different things about interviews for people.
It would be greatly appreciated if anybody could let me know about the following::colondollar:
Has anybody had their first interview for Deloitte yet?
What type of questions do they ask?
Should I prepare for anything other then the questions for the day?
Do you need to bring anything?

I was unsuccessful in my interview, but I will answer anyway.

They ask questions about a case study you are given, and about your experience of teamwork.

Prepare some answers for common interview questions (e.g. 'why do you want to work here' or 'tell me about a time when you faced a challenge')

I didn't have to take anything along, but I would double check that with your local office.
What happens in the interviews where there is no case study, for instance if you apply to a corporate finance line, the interview still lasts over an hour but what makes up the time apart from a bunch of questioning?
Hi Willchamp,

Well done for being offered an interview at Deloitte.

Our website RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk can help you to progress with your application. Have a look at http://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/search/review?company=1 for more information on reviews from those who have completed a school leaver scheme with the firm.

Any other questions feel free to ask,

Amit

Original post by Willchamp
Hi all! I have recently been offered an interview at the London office for the Corporate Finance line at Deloitte. Is there anyone else who has gotten this far? How has everyone been finding the process so far? It would be great to talk to people who are also applying, and if anyone wants any help please ask! :biggrin: and good luck to all!:smile:
Hi there,

Good question!

In terms of advice the team at RateMyApprenticeship - have a host of advice pages on our website. Have a look at http://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.u...s/your-options

We also have some useful information on school leaver schemes and a range of reviews of people have done them.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Amit

Original post by Willchamp
Hi all! I have recently been offered an interview at the London office for the Corporate Finance line at Deloitte. Is there anyone else who has gotten this far? How has everyone been finding the process so far? It would be great to talk to people who are also applying, and if anyone wants any help please ask! :biggrin: and good luck to all!:smile:
I have an audit interview next week and I'm just wondering will not having any accountancy background put me at a disadvantage?

Also Id do the practice numerical test because I didn't know there was one and expected it to be easy. As soon as it started I was like wow and it was tricky l, still passed though phew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
I have an audit interview next week and I'm just wondering will not having any accountancy background put me at a disadvantage?

Also Id do the practice numerical test because I didn't know there was one and expected it to be easy. As soon as it started I was like wow and it was tricky l, still passed though phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

Good luck with your interview!

If you need any advice - have a look at www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk for loads more information on these schemes as well application advice!

Best of luck,

Amit
Hi There, I have just been offered a position on the School Leaver programme in London for Deloitte. Has anyone else got an offer and is taking it?
Reply 37
Hi All,

How long did it take for Deloitte to get back to you after the online tests, to let you know of the outcome?

I have done my numerical and critical reasoning tests almost 2 weeks ago but still no reply from them.

Thanks !
Reply 38
Original post by Icefire72
Hi There, I have just been offered a position on the School Leaver programme in London for Deloitte. Has anyone else got an offer and is taking it?

Hi,

Would you be able to describe your experience in the first stage interviews, and the assessment centre, as in what happens, what to expect and how to prepare?

Best
Hm.... now I feel ackward!!!!

You guys apply with wayyyyyyyyyyyy long time distance.

I've actually already worked at Deloitte Portugal/Angola... got out to gain some experience outside... and now I'm applying back to Deloitte, this time UK.

But I'm applying just NOW... expecting to go in in September.. WOW. I feel like I better continue sending CV's elsewhere =P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending