The Student Room Group

Exeter vs Queen's (Belfast)

Hi all! Next year I will be applying to med school in the UK (I am a student from the EU) and I am still wondering what uni to choose for my 4th UCAS choice. That's why I decided to post a thread here and see what your opinions are. My first 3 choices are: King's college London, University of Sheffield and University of Nottingham so now I am thinking between Exeter and Queen's in Belfast. So, please, tell me what you think about these two schools and what your choice would be. Also, I'd be happy if you suggested other schools (though not many accept my qualification).
I look forward to your answers :smile: Thanks!

- Stanimir:smile:
http://www.qub.ac.uk/cm/cms/docs/AdmissionPolicyMedicine-2014.pdf
^^^I don't know much about Queen's but here is their admissions policy from last year!

As someone who applied for medicine at Exeter I'd say Exeter :') but that was partly because I felt Queen's was too far away from home for me so I didn't really look at it much. Both unis use the UKCAT in different ways - from what I've read, in Queen's they have a points system for UKCAT (0 for their lowest band of scores, 6 for the best) which forms part of their criteria, whereas in Exeter UKCAT is pretty important - their average for 2014 was around 2700.

My advice would be to get as much info as you can from their websites (not sure about Queen's but the Exeter uni website is pretty good) and let that guide you a bit, and if you get the chance then I recommend visiting the unis at some point - but that's not always easy if you don't live in the UK so don't worry about it too much!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
http://www.qub.ac.uk/cm/cms/docs/AdmissionPolicyMedicine-2014.pdf
^^^I don't know much about Queen's but here is their admissions policy from last year!

As someone who applied for medicine at Exeter I'd say Exeter :') but that was partly because I felt Queen's was too far away from home for me so I didn't really look at it much. Both unis use the UKCAT in different ways - from what I've read, in Queen's they have a points system for UKCAT (0 for their lowest band of scores, 6 for the best) which forms part of their criteria, whereas in Exeter UKCAT is pretty important - their average for 2014 was around 2700.

My advice would be to get as much info as you can from their websites (not sure about Queen's but the Exeter uni website is pretty good) and let that guide you a bit, and if you get the chance then I recommend visiting the unis at some point - but that's not always easy if you don't live in the UK so don't worry about it too much!

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending