The Student Room Group

Does Queens Uni Belfast have a good reputation?

I know it’s Russel Group, but I was wondering how people saw it compared to York and Exeter, as my mum is not very keen on me putting it down as one of my choices as ‘it has a bad reputation’

I want to study history there if that matters
Original post by Icantthink
I know it’s Russel Group, but I was wondering how people saw it compared to York and Exeter, as my mum is not very keen on me putting it down as one of my choices as ‘it has a bad reputation’

The problem is Queens is in Belfast Northern Ireland not the UK mainland and because of that most people dont consider it. If you look at the raking tables it is lower than say Exeter but how much its location affects it I couldnt tell you.
Original post by Icantthink

Your mum is wrong, it has a decent academic reputation, just a few additional logistical issues if you are in England, Wales, or Scotland.
Reply 3
Fabulous Uni - fascinating city - it isnt 'dangerous' and you would have a great time there,

Apply.
It is a beautiful university. You should apply. It is highly regarded so your mum is wrong. Make sure you can get cheap flights back home - £40 single for a flight from Belfast to Glasgow so its affordable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending