The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Queen mary gave me my offers ( biomed and biology) with in 4 days this was nearly 4 years ago tho
Reply 21
I'm an international student. Applied to University of Westminster. It has been 6 days..haven't heard a word! :frown: I believe im going to miss out on the scholarship deadline as well if it takes this long!
Went to the MMU open day yesterday & admissions for English don't even start LOOKING at the UCAS applications until November, let alone dishing out offers...

I've had acknowledgement from Lancaster, but nothing yet from UoM / MMU either.
Do universities email you if they make you an offer or does it just update on track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Do universities email you if they make you an offer or does it just update on track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depend on the uni. Some email some don't
Leicester was pretty quick when I applied last year; they gave me an offer exactly a week after I sent off my application. I applied for law if that matters.
It depends on the department, not the university...
Original post by Chlorophile

^^^^
this
Original post by Chlorophile

Everyone knows that :smile: and it's just a discussion I've already stated that I've seen many people receiving offers from these unis, and students who are posting here are mentioning their departments as well with their universities. aren't they? :smile:
Original post by halamadrid777
Everyone knows that :smile: and it's just a discussion I've already stated that I've seen many people receiving offers from these unis, and students who are posting here are mentioning their departments as well with their universities. aren't they? :smile:

No, the majority of people in this thread haven't mentioned the department, just general statements about the uni.
Reply 30
So what's the explanation for this range of time taken by a University to respond? I'm quite curious; is it in the workforce, is it the admission tutors' work ethics, or do some Universities give out offers in bulk??
Original post by Pilz
So what's the explanation for this range of time taken by a University to respond? I'm quite curious; is it in the workforce, is it the admission tutors' work ethics, or do some Universities give out offers in bulk??

From what I've seen, some seem to have an automatic system (ie. if a candidate had/or has exceeded the standard entry requirements they will be given an unconditional straight away)
For departments which interview, they will probably wait until they have a large enough number of appropriate applicants before they set a date and send out requests.
And again, some will wait until November to even start considering applications.
Got an offer from Kent for Accounting and Finance (with a placement year). It took 10 days.
Original post by Kitty1996
Got an offer from Kent for Accounting and Finance (with a placement year). It took 10 days.

Congrats! May I ask what subjects you take and what your predicted grades were?
I got an offer from Warwick in 2 days and everyone I know that applied there has also received offers very quickly :smile:
An offer from Lancaster for English has taken a month & 2 days.
I've got nothing to contribue to this other than that I glanced at the title and saw 'Fastest Sex Offenders'
i got bath today and sent my ucas on friday!
Got an offer from Warwick in 3 days :smile: (not including weekend in between tho)
I got my offer from Kent in a day.

Latest

Trending

Trending