The Student Room Group

Question about picking deaneries/trusts

After you pick your deanery/UoA, at a later stage what do you rank exactly is it trusts? Or specific rotations you want to do??

Basically I want to go to Manchester, I think I'll get northwestern deanery but I dont think my score will be high enough for manc :frown: ( epm score is 39, average for med school sjt is 38ish). It's a big risk for me because I dont want to end up in the nearby towns such as rochdale, or oldham etc.

I'm not bothered what job I get exactly, be it histopathology! I just want to live in Manchester.

Please help! Time is running out eeeeeeeek :eek:

Mods could you move this to current medical students thread please
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by A100whoo
After you pick your deanery/UoA, at a later stage what do you rank exactly is it trusts? Or specific rotations you want to do??

Basically I want to go to Manchester, I think I'll get northwestern deanery but I dont think my score will be high enough for manc :frown: ( epm score is 39, average for med school sjt is 38ish). It's a big risk for me because I dont want to end up in the nearby towns such as rochdale, or oldham etc.

I'm not bothered what job I get exactly, be it histopathology! I just want to live in Manchester.

Hey,
I'm a current final year at Manchester with lots of friends who are F1s in NW deanery so did this last year. How it worked was that they ranked the trusts first, and then ranked jobs within the trust they got.
Someone linked to the scores for the individual trusts in this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2617329&page=2

It's possible to live in Manchester and commute out to lots of the hospitals. I know loads of people who work in Oldham, Bolton and North Manchester and commute from the city centre (Ancoats and the northern quarter are very popular). Tameside generally doesn't need very high scores and is commutable distance from nice places to live in Manchester. Obviously if you get somewhere like Preston or Morecambe bay you probably can't commute, but I suppose you have to weigh up if it's worth the risk?
Reply 2
Original post by A100whoo

Exactly the same here! Same score and everything. I just don't want to end up in Morcambe :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by DexterM
Exactly the same here! Same score and everything. I just don't want to end up in Morcambe :frown:

What are you thinking of doing?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending