The Student Room Group

Am I making the right decision?

Hello :smile:

I achieved a little worse than expected at AS. I got BCC. Though my Cs were very high (both 2 UMS from a B), My B was a mid B. I have been predicted BBB although I hoped to be predicted ABB :frown:

I am planning on applying to:

Manchester(ABB)
Leicester (ABB)
Keele (BBB)
Brighton(BBB)
Portsmouth(BBC)

Do you think these are a good set of university choices? Or would you say this is too high? Do I stand a chance? I am planning on studying Geology, I don't know if this would be seen as a competitive course. Please help. Thanks!
Reply 1
I do Geography,I got ABC and got into My firm choice which was AAC or ABB. I wouldn't worry about the grades of you are willing to do the work you can change the C's into B's!
Reply 2
Original post by ljb.95
I do Geography,I got ABC and got into My firm choice which was AAC or ABB. I wouldn't worry about the grades of you are willing to do the work you can change the C's into B's!

thanks so much

would you say my choices are okay or are they a bit risky?
Reply 3
I got ABC after year twelve and applied to Birmingham (aab) Leicester (Abb) reading (aac or abb) uwe (300 bbb) Plymouth (280 bbc) and I got 5/5 offers. It's worth being adventurous and having some safer options too. I suppose it's worth considering what predicted grades are going on the application too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ljb.95
I got ABC after year twelve and applied to Birmingham (aab) Leicester (Abb) reading (aac or abb) uwe (300 bbb) Plymouth (280 bbc) and I got 5/5 offers. It's worth being adventurous and having some safer options too. I suppose it's worth considering what predicted grades are going on the application too :smile:

Congrats! But I still think BCC is so far off ABC :frown: if only I could go back. Oh well, with predicted grades of BBB I still have a chance for ABB right? Sorry, I'm just really worried, btw would you say Manchester is a competetive uni? (applying to the geology course)
Reply 5
Personally I don't know that much as I don't know anyone who applied to Manchester... You should check out 'which university' it has good information about the % of application who get offers and grade and module info... You can get what ever grades you are willing to work for!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending