The Student Room Group

Sixth form

Hi, Trying to decide if I should move schools. I haven't made any real friends at my current school so don't feel I have anyone to miss and as I could study same subjects elsewhere for A levels maybe I'd enjoy another school more. I am quiet and get anxious over everything so know it would be hard. Has anyone else moved in a similar position?
Original post by Sazzi72
Hi, Trying to decide if I should move schools. I haven't made any real friends at my current school so don't feel I have anyone to miss and as I could study same subjects elsewhere for A levels maybe I'd enjoy another school more. I am quiet and get anxious over everything so know it would be hard. Has anyone else moved in a similar position?

Hi @Sazzi72!

I haven't myself moved sixth forms whilst I was studying A-levels but I can understand the stress and uncertainty you may be feeling right now as this is a big decision for you to make. Studying for A-levels is a big thing and you most certainly want to be in an environment where you feel comfortable and happy. I myself am somebody who is considered as being quiet and I get anxious very easily, and A-levels did intensify these feelings, I would honestly suggest that you choose what is right for you, and if you did move then you will meet a lot of new people which will give you the opportunity to make friends, which will probably make the experience easier for you.

Have you spoke to any of your teachers about how you are feeling? They may be able to give you some more advice and help you along the way.

Whatever you decide to do I would make sure that it is the right decision for you and take the time that you need to think about it :smile:

Nicole
First Year Law Student

Quick Reply

Latest