The Student Room Group

Uni decision - Master econ and finance

Hi everyone,
I am trying to make a decision for a Master’s in economics and finance from the following unis, LSE, SSE, Bocconi, University of Zurich, Ecole Polytechnique, Barcelona GSE and KU Leuven. I got accepted to a few of these unis and waiting to hear back from others. I want to make a decision considering the financial cost as well and I am currently leaning towards Ecole Polytechnique. I am interested in a career in investment banking and I am wondering which unis are target and which ones are better overall.
Do your Masters degree in the country in which you wish to enter the labour market. Where do you have passports and working rights?
Original post by gg2024
Hi everyone,
I am trying to make a decision for a Master’s in economics and finance from the following unis, LSE, SSE, Bocconi, University of Zurich, Ecole Polytechnique, Barcelona GSE and KU Leuven. I got accepted to a few of these unis and waiting to hear back from others. I want to make a decision considering the financial cost as well and I am currently leaning towards Ecole Polytechnique. I am interested in a career in investment banking and I am wondering which unis are target and which ones are better overall.
If you are aiming at a career in Investment Banking the number one target uni out of all that you mentioned is definetely LSE. It is important to consider that living costs are higher in Zurich and in London, but in London you will have much more working opportunities than in any other cities-- London is consider the finance capital of Europe and has numerous opportunities for people aiming to start a career in Investment Banking-- you will have more exposure to bank's events and more chances to meet people from big investment banks and also the LSE career office will definetely help you a lot in landing a future summer internship or graduate role- they have immense experience in putting people in this field, so I would for sure go to LSE for a masters.
Original post by Katerina23
If you are aiming at a career in Investment Banking the number one target uni out of all that you mentioned is definetely LSE. It is important to consider that living costs are higher in Zurich and in London, but in London you will have much more working opportunities than in any other cities-- London is consider the finance capital of Europe and has numerous opportunities for people aiming to start a career in Investment Banking-- you will have more exposure to bank's events and more chances to meet people from big investment banks and also the LSE career office will definetely help you a lot in landing a future summer internship or graduate role- they have immense experience in putting people in this field, so I would for sure go to LSE for a masters.
Working rights are also something to consider btw-- since if you do not have a presettlemt status or something else that permits you to work in the UK, you might be better off somewhere else like Bocconi for example, since UK companies are not giving out work visas that easily and its something they consider when reveiwing your application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending