Zalman Flower CNPS6000-Cu Silent HSF
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3500 Ultra Series CAS2
Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro 128MB DDR
2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Serial ATA 160GB
LiteOn Show-832S 8x4x/8x4x + 40x24x40x DVD-Dual Drive
Viewsonic VP191S Pro Series 19" TFT Monitor
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX External Soundcard

2500-m would be more fun, IMO. Apparently they overclock like beasts (if they're anything like their desktop counterparts, im not surprised)
why the 9800pro btw? why not a 9800XT?
Reply 141
piginapoke
This thread is interestingly analagous to a 'what's your ideal car' thread.

There are those that would go for performance cars (supercomputers, clusters, SGI workstatstions), and those that would go for a fiesta with a bodykit, blacked out windows and furry dice hanging from the mirror (x86-based affair with various uninspiring low-end components and peripherals).

the thing is, performance cars are fun. supercomputers, clusters and SGI workstations arent usually.
Reply 142
piginapoke
I would imagine it would be possible to rig up an x86 emulator on a supercomputer to make it the fastest windows box going.

very good point...

*drool* :biggrin:
Fly By
the apple and sony vaio both looks very nice. i like very slim (thin) laptops. i am saving up to get one.

I have got one of them thats "APPLE". :biggrin:
wiwarin_mir
what would your ideal computer be:

(a) none geeks can just generalise

(b) geeks, I don't mind all the details.

Probably an organic machine, with real (rather than simulated) intelligence, and the ability to turn into a massive robot suit, with laser guns and stuff.
Reply 145
Iluvatar
Probably an organic machine, with real (rather than simulated) intelligence, and the ability to turn into a massive robot suit, with laser guns and stuff.

In other words something out of anime
amazingtrade
Erm 2 X AMD Altlon 3gHZ Barton Core running at 3Ghz
2GB RAM
80GB of SOLID STATE storage space, none of that hard drive crap.
32MB TNT2 M64 graphics card
M-AUDIO 2 channel audiophile sound card (£300 worth)
3 X 21" CRT flat tube monitors
Connected up to Smith

can i have one to?????
A tablet pc (fake wood effect exterior) with constant connection to the web (regardless of location), masses of memory/disk space etc etc....a computer that can keep up with me instead of forever waiting for things to load/process etc etc.

Although I'd have to resist the temptation to use it in the car while stuck in traffic.
Reply 148
The_Barman
can i have one to?????

You want one of them!!!! Are you a non-geek by any chance.
Reply 149
Pencil Queen
A tablet pc (fake wood effect exterior) with constant connection to the web (regardless of location), masses of memory/disk space etc etc....a computer that can keep up with me instead of forever waiting for things to load/process etc etc.

Although I'd have to resist the temptation to use it in the car while stuck in traffic.

Tablet PCs are not fantastically fast as they have limited room. Also they cannot be upgraded very easily. Even if you have your own satellite, you will not have constant internet access either.
wiwarin_mir
You want one of them!!!! Are you a non-geek by any chance.

yeah i spose you can say that, i just like the three C's......computers, Cars and Chicks! Plus that computer sounds wicked fast and powerfull lol!! Why'd you ask???

Also WOO HOO all my time of posting pays off......sorry but i've been waiting ages for the 1000th post!
wiwarin_mir
Tablet PCs are not fantastically fast as they have limited room. Also they cannot be upgraded very easily. Even if you have your own satellite, you will not have constant internet access either.

Well yes - that's why I want my ideal one to be a tablet with none of the constraints of a tablet.

I'd never pay money for a tablet pc with the setup you can get at the moment - but I like the idea of having a tablet pc which is as fast and upgradable as a very good desktop.

And the constant internet connection is another pipe-dream...
Reply 152
The_Barman
yeah i spose you can say that, i just like the three C's......computers, Cars and Chicks! Plus that computer sounds wicked fast and powerfull lol!! Why'd you ask???

Also WOO HOO all my time of posting pays off......sorry but i've been waiting ages for the 1000th post!

Firstly, that computer is not wickedly powerful, it is mediocre. Secondly, why be so vain as to announce your 1000th post.
Reply 153
Pencil Queen
Well yes - that's why I want my ideal one to be a tablet with none of the constraints of a tablet.

I'd never pay money for a tablet pc with the setup you can get at the moment - but I like the idea of having a tablet pc which is as fast and upgradable as a very good desktop.

And the constant internet connection is another pipe-dream...

Well, dream on, you'll be waiting a long time.
wiwarin_mir
Firstly, that computer is not wickedly powerful, it is mediocre. Secondly, why be so vain as to announce your 1000th post.

first of all if i think that computer is ace its got bugger all to do we you because each person is entitled to there own opinion my almighty lord and secondly why do you have to be such an ass bout me mentioning my post count anyways, huh???
Reply 155
The_Barman
first of all if i think that computer is ace its got bugger all to do we you because each person is entitled to there own opinion my almighty lord and secondly why do you have to be such an ass bout me mentioning my post count anyways, huh???

You may worship me if you wish. I think it is rather vain of people to point out the number of posts they have, also, quite insulting. They assume that other members cannot actually read outside of threads.
Reply 156
wiwarin_mir
You may worship me if you wish. I think it is rather vain of people to point out the number of posts they have, also, quite insulting. They assume that other members cannot actually read outside of threads.

obviously you cant read you idiot Mwahahaha
Reply 157
Cheetah
obviously you cant read you idiot Mwahahaha

And why do you think that then?
my ideal computer would be one that doensnt crash all the time like these flamin crappy school computers. grrr!!!
My ideal computer would be one which ran smooth comprised of components which I deemed to be the best after research.

Latest

Trending

Trending