The Student Room Group

Second Degree Funding

Hello Everyone,

I’ve tried to search for an answer online but have come across conflicting information.

I graduated from Dentistry last year. However I haven’t been enjoying the job as much as I thought I would and have been looking and researching alternate careers.

I’be found a career that I think would be perfect - computer science/software engineering.

I just wanted to ask what support if any student finance offers for second degrees in computer science. I read there are exception courses but don’t know if computer science is one of them and if so what would this entitle to?

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by DoctortoLawyer
Hello Everyone,

I’ve tried to search for an answer online but have come across conflicting information.

I graduated from Dentistry last year. However I haven’t been enjoying the job as much as I thought I would and have been looking and researching alternate careers.

I’be found a career that I think would be perfect - computer science/software engineering.

I just wanted to ask what support if any student finance offers for second degrees in computer science. I read there are exception courses but don’t know if computer science is one of them and if so what would this entitle to?

Hi there,

Where would you be looking to study the course and would this be at a part time level?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Where would you be looking to study the course and would this be at a part time level?

Thanks, Jason

Hi,

I haven’t fully decided yet but am considering a few places including hull, Nottingham, Leicester, Cardiff.

I haven’t decided yet between part time or full time but it would depend on what funding would be available and what the universities offer?

Ideally I’d like to study full time if funding were available?
Hello Everyone,

Hi there,

If you are studying Part time then computing is an exception course. However, I would advise contacting us once you know the university (and course) you are looking to study so we can confirm your eligibility for this. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you are studying Part time then computing is an exception course. However, I would advise contacting us once you know the university (and course) you are looking to study so we can confirm your eligibility for this. Thanks, Jason

Thanks. I will do.

Just to clarify would it not be an exception course if studied full time?
Thanks. I will do.

Just to clarify would it not be an exception course if studied full time?

No. It would need to be part time and if you are not studying the course online then you may also be eligible for maintenance loan and grants as well.

If you are wanting to study a full time course I have enclosed some exception ones here: https://shorturl.at/kxGZ6 Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending