The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Does anyone have an interview for child (or adult) nursing in Brighton? Or had one??

Im so nervous.

Ive already got a degree from Brighton but its been 5 years and having children has minced my brain.

Im practising the numeracy test but Im only confident on about 60% of them. Im desperately trying to get my head round the rest to give myself more of a chance.

I haven't written an essay in 5 years and Ive always relied a little too much on spell check, and my hand writing isnt great so Im absolutely dreading the English test.

I know I can do nursing, I know I will make a good nurse and I know I will do well at uni because Ive already done it. I even think I will be alright at the interview but I really need to get through the maths and English!!

is anyone in the same boat??
Bump, no one in the same boat this year?

its just me then? That should be a pretty easy interview then, no competition yay!! ;-)
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm in the same boat. I've an interview next week. I'm dreading of the English test too.
I had mine on Wednesday, now Im just waiting for UCAS to update my application. I jump every time my email dings!

What degree are you going for?
Reply 4
How did you get on? Did they tell you about the outcome of your interview on Wednesday? What happened at your interview? Could you please give me any tips?

I am going for three years full time study. What degree are you going for then?
Mines for child nursing, is yours the same?

As long as you get the maths under your belt, you can write an essay (300 words in 15 mins) and research the 6 C's in depth then you will be absolutely fine.

I say that, but thats what I did and I still don't know if I got in!!

What degree are you applying for?
Reply 6
Thank you very much for your reply.

I am going for adult nursing.

What is the topic of your essay? I am a slow writer and really worried about the essay. It seems so difficult for me to write 300 words in 15 minutes.

Did you have the group interview? How did you research the 6Cs? By answering questions or group discussion?
I don't know if it would be the same, but it just described what was expected of a nurse and the essay was to write about how you would for fill those duties.

Practice writing along those lines, get an argument set out and get it down to about 250-300 in 15 minutes (thinking about it, it actually said 250 words on the paper, not 300) and you will be fine. Its to grasp your take on English and grammar rather than anything else.

ok so, the interview (presuming its similar to child nursing) is sent into 5 or so groups. You go into a room and sit in front 5 different people for 5 minutes, its a bit like speed dating (not that Ive ever been!) and in front of them they have several laminated cards. You turn one over and discuss it.

i can't advise you on this part because this is where your research and revision kicks in. To start with, the chances if you picking up the same card as me (or anyone) is minimal, not to mention the fact our answers would likely to be very different (though no necessarily rig or wrong) as well as them being different because of adult/child nursing.

whilst a couple of mine were tailored to child nursing the others were for general nursing.

however, I can tell you that as long as you research the 6 C's in every which way you can, as long as you genuinely feel compassion, empathy and kindess then not only will your research get you through but so will now genuine you are about it.

again, I say this but I could still get rejected. I will have to report back on that one Im afraid.

i wish you all the best of luck.
Reply 8
Thank you so much for your kindness. You won't get rejected. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Well, you clearly can't listen to anything Ive said or suggested because Brighton uni have just rejected me.

no feedback whatsoever. So thats helpful of them.
Reply 10
Oh dear! I am so sorry about you. What happened then? I am going for my interview tomorrow.
No feedback at all. I will call them tomorrow.

Best of luck Kindles, Im sure you will do great, they can't reject us all. Xx
Reply 12
Thank you so much! I will let you know tomorrow. I am still worried. Good night!
Reply 13
Hello TheSecondDegree. We are really in the same boat. I didn't get in either.
You found out already?? How come so quick?!
And Im so sorry to hear you didnt get in. Its really disheartening isnt it?
Reply 16
Yes I am very sad. I was just told unsuccessful after the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending