The Student Room Group

Children’s nursing @ Uni of York 2024

Hi

I had my interview on the 13/01 and we were told the longer we wait to hear back, the better we have done. They also said that they will be releasing offers around March, does anyone know roughly when this is likely to be?

And also does anyone know if waiting this long to hear back is likely to cause problems in terms of getting the accommodation I would like?

If anyone else who has applied for this course please comment! I would love to get to know people.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganr27
Hi

I had my interview on the 13/01 and we were told the longer we wait to hear back, the better we have done. They also said that they will be releasing offers around March, does anyone know roughly when this is likely to be?

And also does anyone know if waiting this long to hear back is likely to cause problems in terms of getting the accommodation I would like?

If anyone else who has applied for this course please comment! I would love to get to know people.

Unis should not put applicants under any pressure to firm before the June deadline - this includes giving priority booking for accommodation to those who firm early. If you think a uni is doing this, you can report it to [email protected] for UCAS to investigate.
Reply 2
I don’t know if this helps but I’m going to an interview day at York for children’s nursing on Saturday - I expect they’ll be waiting until they’ve done the final round of interviews before sending offers given how competitive the course is, so hopefully this Saturday is their last day of interviews and you’ll find out soon! Fingers crossed for you
Reply 3
I heard from them on Tuesday, I got a place so I will hopefully see you in September! Good luck for Saturday!
Reply 4
I heard from them on Tuesday, I got a place so I will hopefully see you in September! Good luck for Saturday!
Aw amazing! Congratulations 😌 thank you!
Hi

Hi,

Accommodation won't be an issue as long as you apply before the deadline on 31 July. Our application system also doesn't open until 18 March. Fingers crossed you hear back soon - drop us a message if you don't hear anything in the next few weeks and we can chase this for you 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by University of York
Hi,

Accommodation won't be an issue as long as you apply before the deadline on 31 July. Our application system also doesn't open until 18 March. Fingers crossed you hear back soon - drop us a message if you don't hear anything in the next few weeks and we can chase this for you 🙂
I got my offer on Tuesday! Hopefully see you in September!
hii
i have an interview this sat on the 16th and was wondering if anyone had any tips since we are going to be travelling 2+ hours i really wanna make the most of it. i was also wondering why the time frame for it was 8.30 to 12? thank you and goodluckk
Reply 8
Original post by Mabel93
Aw amazing! Congratulations 😌 thank you!
Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 9
Original post by nabeeha111
hii
i have an interview this sat on the 16th and was wondering if anyone had any tips since we are going to be travelling 2+ hours i really wanna make the most of it. i was also wondering why the time frame for it was 8.30 to 12? thank you and goodluckk
The interview also includes a workshop and a maths test, you also get to see the simulation ward and there’s an opportunity for questions. It’s quite a relaxed day and they made sure everyone was comfortable. The maths test is calculator and is pretty straight forward so don’t worry about that. Only thing I’d suggest is reading up on the nhs values and the 6C’s, and make sure you ask any questions you have. Good luck!
Reply 10
Hi there,
This is for anyone who has already completed the interview day: Did you or many other people take a guest for the day?
If so did they have to wait somewhere or were they allowed to come around?
Thanks
The interview also includes a workshop and a maths test, you also get to see the simulation ward and there’s an opportunity for questions. It’s quite a relaxed day and they made sure everyone was comfortable. The maths test is calculator and is pretty straight forward so don’t worry about that. Only thing I’d suggest is reading up on the nhs values and the 6C’s, and make sure you ask any questions you have. Good luck!
thank you, hopefully see you in septemebr!!#
another question is did u dress kinda professional or casual like jeans, sorry for qustions super nevrous
Reply 13
Original post by O9live
Hi there,
This is for anyone who has already completed the interview day: Did you or many other people take a guest for the day?
If so did they have to wait somewhere or were they allowed to come around?
Thanks
Hi,
I personally didn’t bring anyone with me but that’s because they went shopping instead, most people had at-least 1 person with them.
They can’t come around with you as there’s 2 parts of the day that are part of your interview, they kept guests in the main lecture theatre that we all started in, whilst we were in our interviews. They were able to speak with who I think was head of nursing and ask any questions. There was refreshments available for everyone at the start and during the interviews the guests could help themselves. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 14
Hi,
I personally didn’t bring anyone with me but that’s because they went shopping instead, most people had at-least 1 person with them.
They can’t come around with you as there’s 2 parts of the day that are part of your interview, they kept guests in the main lecture theatre that we all started in, whilst we were in our interviews. They were able to speak with who I think was head of nursing and ask any questions. There was refreshments available for everyone at the start and during the interviews the guests could help themselves. Hope this helps :smile:
That's great, thank you for your help. Does it last the full 3.5 hours?
Reply 15
I wore a smart casual outfit when I had my interview, there were others that were dressed in a very casual way (leggings and hoodie/tracksuit) but I think smart casual is the way to go, you can never be overdressed. For me it helped my nerves dressing smarter, I felt more in the interview “zone” if that makes any sense 🤣. Either way it’s up to you and whatever you feel comfortable in but I would suggest if you can and feel comfortable doing so, dress smart. If you have any more questions I’ll try my best!
Reply 16
No problem, off the top of my head I’m pretty sure it did. We may have finished a little bit early (only about 10 minutes). But I really couldn’t tell you as mine was the 13th of Jan. If you have any other questions I’m happy to try and help!
Original post by O9live
That's great, thank you for your help. Does it last the full 3.5 hours?
Is there anyway you could give us a little sneak peak of the kind of questions? I had a interview for a different uni and just felt so unprepared so this would mean alot!
Original post by nabeeha111
another question is did u dress kinda professional or casual like jeans, sorry for qustions super nevrous
What are you thinking of wearing?
Reply 19
We were actually told not to share them, even if we could I can’t remember them as it was 3 months ago now. All I can remember is that I thought most of the questions were tailored to figure out your way of dealing with things and your morals. I googled a lot of scenarios before hand and I think that helped. Just try and incorporate the NHS values and the 6 C’s into your answers and you should be fine. I will say, in the Multiple mini interviews it is quite like speed dating and you only get 2 minutes (I think) to answer each question then you live to another person. When the timer runs out you have to stop speaking so try and get your point across early if that makes sense. It sounds awful the way I’ve worded it but honestly I didn’t find it too stressful, I’ve had worse interviews.
Original post by mayaandy129
Is there anyway you could give us a little sneak peak of the kind of questions? I had a interview for a different uni and just felt so unprepared so this would mean alot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending