The Student Room Group

Is it possible?

Is it possible to be offered a place on an accounting course with a personal statement which is solely based on science?
I want to do human biology but as a 5th choice put down accounting at aston. Do you think I would have a chance of being accepted or is it a wasted application?
Original post by Crystal4
Is it possible to be offered a place on an accounting course with a personal statement which is solely based on science?
I want to do human biology but as a 5th choice put down accounting at aston. Do you think I would have a chance of being accepted or is it a wasted application?

Why not apply to 5 human biology?

I applied to 4 dentistry and 1 neuroscience at Bristol last year and yeah they gave me an offer, but neuroscience is somewhat related to dentistry. So I'm not sure but I think they can give you an offer depending on how many applications they receive.
Reply 2
Original post by R Dragon
Why not apply to 5 human biology?

I applied to 4 dentistry and 1 neuroscience at Bristol last year and yeah they gave me an offer, but neuroscience is somewhat related to dentistry. So I'm not sure but I think they can give you an offer depending on how many applications they receive.

I really enjoy both accounting and human bio which I know sounds really stupid because they're so different. Accounting at Aston is usually in clearing so maybe that might help my cause. I just don't want an outright rejection as soon as they read my personal statement :frown:
Original post by Crystal4
I really enjoy both accounting and human bio which I know sounds really stupid because they're so different. Accounting at Aston is usually in clearing so maybe that might help my cause. I just don't want an outright rejection as soon as they read my personal statement :frown:

Wtf, ok take a deep breath, and make-up your mind. Which career would you rather go into? This is not some buffet where you can pick and choose a bit from either course.

Take some time out, talk to professionals in your field and conduct some work experience to figure out a solid solution.

Would you be happier as an accountant or a human biologist?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending