The Student Room Group

Bad A levels and IT summer placements

I did really badly in my a levels and had to take a foundation year in computing after I had gained a first I transferred to a Russel group uni and am now in my first year. Due to my bad a level results I need more work experience than the others for employment after graduation anyways, so I wanted to apply for work experience for this summer but it seems like everyone wants over 320 ucas points which I obviously don't have.
I want know if anyone has been in my situation, and where they had applied to get some experience in the field of IT / Computer Science.
Many thanks in advance!
Original post by compcomp
I did really badly in my a levels and had to take a foundation year in computing after I had gained a first I transferred to a Russel group uni and am now in my first year. Due to my bad a level results I need more work experience than the others for employment after graduation anyways, so I wanted to apply for work experience for this summer but it seems like everyone wants over 320 ucas points which I obviously don't have.
I want know if anyone has been in my situation, and where they had applied to get some experience in the field of IT / Computer Science.
Many thanks in advance!

Have you googled the Engineering Development Trust? for their Year In Industry at all ? there are full year and short term placements on there sometimes - they can be slow to reply mind you - but these are all paid placements - its worth registering with them if you haven't done this already - good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending