The Student Room Group

Applying for sixth form

I'm currently in Year 11 and in the process of applying for a sixth form. Most of the sixth forms in my area have already closed their applications apart from the sixth form which I would like to study at. The entry requirements are at least a C in all subjects and I am predicted all A*s and one A.

I haven't applied for any other sixth forms apart from this one, and I wanted to know whether it's a good idea not to apply to anything else. What will happen if I don't get in and I haven't applied to anywhere else? If you've applied, did you only apply for one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by lovegoodjpg
I'm currently in Year 11 and in the process of applying for a sixth form. Most of the sixth forms in my area have already closed their applications apart from the sixth form which I would like to study at. The entry requirements are at least a C in all subjects and I am predicted all A*s and one A.

I haven't applied for any other sixth forms apart from this one, and I wanted to know whether it's a good idea not to apply to anything else. What will happen if I don't get in and I haven't applied to anywhere else? If you've applied, did you only apply for one?

If you're pretty sure about where you want to go and that you'll get in, applying to just one is fine, and it sounds as though you will. I didn't even have to apply to mine as I go to the sixth form which is part of my school, and I didn't apply anywhere else. I think (?) some colleges have registration on results day, if worst comes to worst.
It's highly unlikely you'll be rejected unless they're incredibly oversubscribed.

I "applied" to my sixth form (it was part of my school so they somewhat assumed that I would attend), as well as another one. The second one I applied to about five months after their official close of applications, and they still gave me a place instantly.

Quick Reply

Latest