The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Entry Requirements

I applied to one of the best sixth-forms in my area and I got a conditional offer. I needed 5's in English lit and lang and 7's for subjects I want to do at a-level (which are biology, chemistry and maths). I'm highly confident I will get more than 7's for the subjects I want to do, but I think I'll only manage a 4 in both English lit and lang. Do I still have a chance at getting in?
Original post by N1v3k
I applied to one of the best sixth-forms in my area and I got a conditional offer. I needed 5's in English lit and lang and 7's for subjects I want to do at a-level (which are biology, chemistry and maths). I'm highly confident I will get more than 7's for the subjects I want to do, but I think I'll only manage a 4 in both English lit and lang. Do I still have a chance at getting in?

Only way to find that out for sure is to ask the sixth form
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Let's say hypothetically I cant contact the sixth form and im gonna have to wait till results day. If i get really good grades for the subjects I want to do, would this make them reconsider and be more lenient to let me in?
Original post by N1v3k
Let's say hypothetically I cant contact the sixth form and im gonna have to wait till results day. If i get really good grades for the subjects I want to do, would this make them reconsider and be more lenient to let me in?

Possibly, especially since it’s sixth form and you need to be in education till you’re 18. But i dont know because I didn’t do GCSEs and I applied to the sixth form at my school so they knew what GCSE grades I was gonna get before I did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending