The Student Room Group

Late sixth form applications

I’m honestly having a really bad anxiety attack right now because my stupid self didn’t apply to as many colleges as i could and only fixated on one college which i also applied late for so they didn’t offer me a place. I feel so stupid and everything is just going so bad for me. I want to do psychology and sociology and Media as a-levels so bad but I seriously didn’t apply to enough sixth forms to make me be able to do it. School is starting in two weeks and no sixth form has accepted me and I’m so upset that everything has come to this. I feel like an idiot. I currently emailed Barking Abbey to offer me a place but I doubt that will happen, i just seriously don’t want to settle for New Vic. Can someone please give me advice :frown: I really want to go sixth form and do the subjects I want

My gcses results are also rlly good so I didn’t get rejected, it’s just i really wanna do certain a-levels but didn’t apply to as many sixth forms :frown:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Sofiiisjjeje
I’m honestly having a really bad anxiety attack right now because my stupid self didn’t apply to as many colleges as i could and only fixated on one college which i also applied late for so they didn’t offer me a place. I feel so stupid and everything is just going so bad for me. I want to do psychology and sociology and Media as a-levels so bad but I seriously didn’t apply to enough sixth forms to make me be able to do it. School is starting in two weeks and no sixth form has accepted me and I’m so upset that everything has come to this. I feel like an idiot. I currently emailed Barking Abbey to offer me a place but I doubt that will happen, i just seriously don’t want to settle for New Vic. Can someone please give me advice :frown: I really want to go sixth form and do the subjects I want

My gcses results are also rlly good so I didn’t get rejected, it’s just i really wanna do certain a-levels but didn’t apply to as many sixth forms :frown:

I’m in the same situation as you , hoping i’ll get a place so i don’t have to go to a backup even if no school accepts you in time , there’ll probably be some spaces right at the beginning of term when people who enrolled end up going to another school. Worst case scenario some sixth form colleges probably still have a couple places , I got an offer from st charles this morning (one of my backups) so other schools should definitely still have some places.
Reply 2
Original post by username14526
I’m in the same situation as you , hoping i’ll get a place so i don’t have to go to a backup even if no school accepts you in time , there’ll probably be some spaces right at the beginning of term when people who enrolled end up going to another school. Worst case scenario some sixth form colleges probably still have a couple places , I got an offer from st charles this morning (one of my backups) so other schools should definitely still have some places.

The thing is it’s all so complicated because the colleges/sixth forms that are near me are high-demand and you need to have perfect GCSE’s to get in, eg ncs and brampton manor. They’re so close but I have to settle for sixth forms that are far away and it’s just all such a struggle.
I do Hope the schools I emailed offer me a place or I’ll just settle for my backup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending