The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer from southampton for grad entry medicine :smile: unconditional because I finished my degree in 2013. Still waiting on kings and Newcastle but I've withdrawn from Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Offer from Aberdeen - so excited! I'm a graduate (of Glasgow and Cambridge). It'd be great to connect with some more people going to Aberdeen!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by JenniB22
I have an offer from southampton for grad entry medicine :smile: unconditional because I finished my degree in 2013. Still waiting on kings and Newcastle but I've withdrawn from Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on the offer, out of interest why no love for warwick? I loved it when i had my interview there.........they rejected me (LULZ) but still, i would have gone there in a flash if they had wanted me!!
Imperial offer
Conditional AAA
Reply 24
Imperial, Manchester and UCL offers :biggrin: still waiting to hear back post-interview from Barts
Original post by DrID
Congratulations on the offer, out of interest why no love for warwick? I loved it when i had my interview there.........they rejected me (LULZ) but still, i would have gone there in a flash if they had wanted me!!

I'm just not a fan of the campus environment in general, I'd rather be somewhere less isolated. Plus my boyfriend is in London and my family on the South Coast, so Southampton or King's makes much more sense geographically for me.
Offer from Edinburgh! :smile: Any other international applicants?
Reply 27
Offers from Imperial and St George's! Withdrew from King's and Barts interview as St George's is my first choice :tongue: Anyone firming SGUL here? Good luck everyone on meeting your offers!
Original post by popolo
Offers from Imperial and St George's! Withdrew from King's and Barts interview as St George's is my first choice :tongue: Anyone firming SGUL here? Good luck everyone on meeting your offers!

Hi, how come St Georges is your first choice, why not Imperial/Kings/Barts? I've applied to sgul too so just wondering what drew you to it?
Reply 29
Original post by tanishasharma
Hi, how come St Georges is your first choice, why not Imperial/Kings/Barts? I've applied to sgul too so just wondering what drew you to it?

Hi there! Well this post (which my friend wrote) pretty much summarises my reasons: https://babydocslife.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/st-georges/

Imperial: bc my parents wanted me to go there so I applied to prove that the reason I don't want to go there isn't because I'm too scared to apply. Imp also focuses a lot on the science - which I get is important but I think sgul has the best proportions of PBL/CBL, clinical skills, patient contact, lectures, tutorial and anatomy for me!

King's: literally lowest on my list since I applied for EMDP (thought it was easier to get into - I was so very wrong) so I would've rather went anywhere than there

Barts: internal struggle between the two but I loved sgul at the open day whereas nothing at barts really impressed me (also it's even further away then georges from my house)

These are purely my own opinions and I do think all med schools are excellent.

Have you heard from anywhere yet?
Reply 30
Original post by ishysmile
So.. Imperial or UCL?

Absolutely no idea - never imagined I'd get offers from both so I thought the decision would be made for me!
Reply 31
Original post by Cat1996
Absolutely no idea - never imagined I'd get offers from both so I thought the decision would be made for me!

Must be nice to have them fighting over you, congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by popolo
Hi there! Well this post (which my friend wrote) pretty much summarises my reasons: https://babydocslife.wordpress.com/2015/02/21/st-georges/

Imperial: bc my parents wanted me to go there so I applied to prove that the reason I don't want to go there isn't because I'm too scared to apply. Imp also focuses a lot on the science - which I get is important but I think sgul has the best proportions of PBL/CBL, clinical skills, patient contact, lectures, tutorial and anatomy for me!

King's: literally lowest on my list since I applied for EMDP (thought it was easier to get into - I was so very wrong) so I would've rather went anywhere than there

Barts: internal struggle between the two but I loved sgul at the open day whereas nothing at barts really impressed me (also it's even further away then georges from my house)

These are purely my own opinions and I do think all med schools are excellent.

Have you heard from anywhere yet?

Ah okay that's really interesting thanks! I've got offers from Manchester and St Georges but am still waiting on my first choice. As I didn't get the opportunity to go to the sgul open day, I'm just trying to find out a bit more about it!
Original post by tanishasharma
Ah okay that's really interesting thanks! I've got offers from Manchester and St Georges but am still waiting on my first choice. As I didn't get the opportunity to go to the sgul open day, I'm just trying to find out a bit more about it!

O hey I got offers from Manchester and St.Georges too! Which one do you think you'll go to if your don't get your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
O hey I got offers from Manchester and St.Georges too! Which one do you think you'll go to if your don't get your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh well done! I'm not really sure, both seem really nice! Hoping to go on the post offer days though. What about you?
Reply 35
Original post by DrID
Must be nice to have them fighting over you, congratulations :biggrin:

It's unbelievable!! Thank you! I hate having to make the decision between them, but it's a very nice dilemma to have and I'm so grateful :smile:
What GCSE and A levels do you have? Whats your UKCAT/BMAT SCORES

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
What GCSE and A levels do you have? Whats your UKCAT/BMAT SCORES

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there,

Offers from Edinburgh and Birmingham

GCSE 9A* 2A (French and Rel.St.)
AS AAAAA
A2 achieved A in Maths
A2 predicted A*A*A*A* (I will never achieve these haha)
UKCAT 700

Northern Ireland applicant.
Ill only get 6 gcse as im a mature student thats why i ask thanks for your reply work your butt off and you will succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm in year 11 and wondering what A-levels you took for medicine ? I wanted to take Biology Chemistry Physics Psychology....I have a possibility to get GCSE's 7A*s /maths FSMQ :A / distinction * business and I already have an A in core science ...realistically what are my chances of getting into any medical school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending